Problems with modular loading

One thing i just noticed is that when loading MODULES, from all different civs alot of them override each other and add buildings to your civ???

Example, i am trying one civ that has no archery range listed in it, but when i add a modular civ that has an archery range in it, MY civ now gets that range as a choice of building?? why is this??
This happens in every civ that has a BuildingClass extra building. It adds ALL the buildings listed.

How do i solve this problem?

One thing i just noticed is that when loading MODULES, from all different civs alot of them override each other and add buildings to your civ???

Example, i am trying one civ that has no archery range listed in it, but when i add a modular civ that has an archery range in it, MY civ now gets that range as a choice of building?? why is this??
This happens in every civ that has a BuildingClass extra building. It adds ALL the buildings listed.

How do i solve this problem?

This is the overwriting tag problem that I have mentioned in numerous threads here and on the WoC forum.

mrgenie might have a solution without Firaxis....but by far the best solution is for Firaxis to expose some more variables out of the EXE and into the SDK. Otherwise you are basically screwed as is the WoC at making EVERYTHING modular....some stuff can still be modular but the civilizationinfos.xml is not 'friendly' yet.

This is the overwriting tag problem that I have mentioned in numerous threads here and on the WoC forum.

mrgenie might have a solution without Firaxis....but by far the best solution is for Firaxis to expose some more variables out of the EXE and into the SDK. Otherwise you are basically screwed as is the WoC at making EVERYTHING modular....some stuff can still be modular but the civilizationinfos.xml is not 'friendly' yet.

Ok, but again i have only noticed this when you use a new "ClassInfo"
If you use something that already has a ClassInfo, it works great. Oh well i guess i will have to go find a ClassInfo to use in its place for now then, but thx for the new info.;)

Ok, but again i have only noticed this when you use a new "ClassInfo"
If you use something that already has a ClassInfo, it works great. Oh well i guess i will have to go find a ClassInfo to use in its place for now then, but thx for the new info.;)

Not sure I understand your exact problem without digging deep into it....but it sounds like an xml loading issue that is not perfect by any means.

Without a couple MAJOR/KEY changes, the modular xml loading goal can not be fully realized.

Not sure I understand your exact problem without digging deep into it....but it sounds like an xml loading issue that is not perfect by any means.

Without a couple MAJOR/KEY changes, the modular xml loading goal can not be fully realized.

What i am trying to say is if you make a NEW unit/building and dont use the "swordsman/maceman" already there or "factory/wall" furnished and you make a NEW classinfo, thats when this happens.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom