Production & Attack

Dedrytus

Warlord
Yesterday I have noticed two things. First one is related to production and second to attack.

1. Sometimes when I settle a city I can not choose what it should produce. I can do it in the next turn so I am one turn behind. Is this auto turn ending?

2. Situation: enemy unit next to the city. One of my units is inside the city (warrior for example), second one (horseman) next to the city. I can move horseman on the city tile (even if there is a warrior already) but I can not attack with it. When warrior leaves city horseman can attack.

I do not have saves at this moment but I will try to make them in next game.

1. I have never heard of this. I don't have turns auto end though. Try changing your settings and that might help.

2. This is functioning like it's supposed to. There is no unit stacking in Civ V so two units cannot attack from the same tile. You have to choose between the warrior and the horseman or move one of them to an adjacent tile and attack from there.

If you are on Auto end turn, and you have no production empty, research, culture, etc waiting, and no units that need orders except for a settler, you must wait until next turn to select the new cities production.

Yesterday I have noticed two things. First one is related to production and second to attack.

1. Sometimes when I settle a city I can not choose what it should produce. I can do it in the next turn so I am one turn behind. Is this auto turn ending?

2. Situation: enemy unit next to the city. One of my units is inside the city (warrior for example), second one (horseman) next to the city. I can move horseman on the city tile (even if there is a warrior already) but I can not attack with it. When warrior leaves city horseman can attack.

I do not have saves at this moment but I will try to make them in next game.

1. Your city's production is probably rolling over into the next turn, much like the way research works sometimes in team multiplayer games. You aren't missing any production from it. (unless there's a bug there, but I haven't seen any evidence of one)

2. Ranos answered this perfectly

Sorry I am waking up this thread, but I have one more question. It is also intended that fortified (inside city) unit can not attack enemy next to the city when player's trireme is inside the city? Like in this situation?

Attachments

• unable_to_attack.jpg
    unable_to_attack.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 57
No that one is a bug that they just haven't done anything about. The spearman should be able to attack even with the trireme in the city. Unfortunately it doesn't work. Just move the trireme out of the city, attack with the spearman and then move the trireme back.

Top Bottom