Promotion arbitrage?

Athenaeum

Prince
I don't remember if these were naval, air, mounted promotions, etc...but at one point I had a unit that could either get a combat bonus against land units, or an equal bonus against armor units.

Are armor units a subset of land units or their own class altogether? Because if all armor units were land units, then it would seem obvious that the bonus against land units was much more favorable.

And Bombardment gives bonus against land units...are all armor units considered land units as well?

Yes armor units are land units. It is best to take the ground bonus promotions for your bombers, then take the armor bonus to add some extra power against landships, tanks, modern armour and GDRs.

The bonus vs armor is more an enhancement for anti land bombers rather than a promotion you'd pick first off.

Personally, I only take the anti-armor promotion after I have already taken air repair and logistics, which are much more beneficial all up.

Yeah that's what I thought. It would be to take the armor promotion before the land one.

There's also sea targeting promotions for bombers if you're taking your aerial battles to the seas. Like most promotions, there's sea targeting 1, 2 and 3 which increases attack against naval units.

Top Bottom