Proposed Community Expansion - Help Needed!

Yeah, we just need to end that (well, to be fair the discussion remained gentle for the entire time ;) )

Trenches improvement for WWI
GW Infantry can build Trenches, it provides +30% defensive bonus and +15% for each adjacent Trench (can be adjacent only to two Trench tiles in the same time)

This would probably allow on quite good Defensive Lines on the map :) The 'can be adjacent to two Trenches' make T spam impossible and effectively turns T into some kind of defensive LINES.

Also, I suggest Modern Cavalry for WWI. Modern Cavalry could ignore 1/2 or 2/3 of Trench bonus defense, Landship would ignore the entire bonus but it would be slow as hell.

Also - Chemical Artillery (uses chemical shells which make attacked units weaker for some period of time)

Landmines - hey, there is an Landmines mod in the Workshop :D

Morale System and forcing enemy to retreat would be very good.

Propaganda. Various types of Propaganda - aimed at civilians or military units.

Sabotage and enhanced Espionage.

Revolutions, Independence Wars, Civil Wars.

Volunteer Armies. When you fight with civilisation A which occupies cities of civ B or entire civ B, you can recruit 'civ B liberation forces' which receive bonuses when attacking proper cities.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=524092

Also I suggest creating some 'beta name' (currently Rise of Empires is the most popular - hey, wasn't it invented by me? :p ) and changing the name of the thread.

I feel as if the tone was getting increasingly violent, but I'll ignore that, as I don't want this thread to get derailed.

First, trenches - yes. I don't know if I'll have them in the full expansion, but they will definitely be in the WWI scenario if nothing else. As for modern cavalry, I would say that it's unneeded. The reason for this is that cavalry was pretty much obsolete on the battlefield by WWI, meaning that the Cavalry already in the game represents this well, as it comes about as weak by the WWI period. Chemical Artillery would be good, and I'll look into that more - a World Congress proposal to ban Chemical Warfare would also be interesting. As for landmines, I feel as if they're perhaps somewhat unneeded as well. I will look into adding them, though. I had an idea for a morale system a while back, but I think that it would be somewhat difficult to implement in any case - I'm not that great a modder, but if someone is willing to do that, I would definitely have it in. In the case of propaganda, this seems like a great idea, but I just feel it's covered by ideologies - more ideological pressure = more unhappiness = combat penalty. Sabotage? Maybe. Enhanced Espionage in general will be on my priority list. I love the idea of revolutions, but again, it's probably too difficult to implement. Volunteer Army is along the same lines.

Overall, there's a lot of great ideas there Krajzen - I really want to have a lot of them in, but implementing them is not something I can really do. Thanks for your contribution in any case!

I think that yes, everything is planned for the expansion! Now all that's needed is code and art, which are already coming along nicely. It's probably a good idea now to create a thread soon with detailed information - the question is though, where? :confused: I could put up a collection of the existing civs to check for bugs, just to get over the files-to-post rule if nothing else. :p

Top Bottom