Provinces and Coverage 1872

Kev

Hired Goon
OK, I just wanted to be sure where we stand on provinces so we can all get on with the building! :)

Here's where I think we are, so please let me know if I'm wrong. You'll see that we may need some volunteers to take up more than one province.

Phobos: Now Civ1 Addict
Deimos: Was Mr. Spice but now vacant
Luna: Dell
Triton [former Chinese lands including Beijing, Nanking, etc]: Starlifter
Europa [former English lands on Dover island]: Elibb
Charon [former Mongol lands - fairly large]: Dexter
Callisto [I'm assuming the name of former German property]: anarchyworksbest
Unnamed [former Roman lands]: New so is vacant

So looks like we'll need someone for Deimos and the new former Roman lands.

Oh, and a name for the former Roman territory as well.

Triton [former Chinese lands including Beijing, Nanking, etc]: Starlifter

OK, thanks... now my question from the Stick Thread about New Nominations is answered. :)

Seems okay but will any Luna cities be placed in the Roman province? The main thing here is that there are 2 Roman cities on the Viroconium continent, so will they be included in the Luna province or the new one.

I'm willing to be governor of Deimos as well. MrSpice did a great job at Phobos and left it to me with not too much work to be done so I think I can handle Deimos too. Actually now it isn't as much work as it was before, cities that have their focus on trade should get all improvements to max out population and income while the cities that focus on production should have all improvements dealing with an increase in production. Once these improvements have been built start on caravans to put together SS parts in the near future.
Other provinces are harder to manage as some expanding might be going on there on top of the improvements building.

Dell:

I would think that making the former Roman continent a province unto itself would be easiest - and that should include Byzantium. Luna should still have the cities on Viroconium Island - including the new ones we might add there (including the new city of Dexterport).

Starlifter:

Yeah, I thought you'd still like to know. Triton Province in very small, but has been producing military for some time now since Beijing is the site of Shake's Theatre (which, by the way, is a landlocked city. Stupid AI). Given that Triton has so few cities, perhaps you'd like to take on the new province created by defeating the Romans? You would get to spearhead the campaign to give it an official name....

Civ1:

Thanks for agreeing to take on Deimos.

For general governors:

Perhaps we'd like to discuss starting a city on a wonder to be ready once we have space flight. We can start Manhattan's and then switch, or we may wish to have several nearby cities produce several freight to build it quickly. The sooner we have Apollo's the sooner we can start the SS.

I believe wonder building is the job of the MOI. We had several threads here about it, and it was decided that governors should not decide where to build wonders. However Olympia and THDP have to be the main candidates. Also the other cities on the Olympia continent, and possibly Dellville.

Starlifter:

Yeah, I thought you'd still like to know. Triton Province in very small, but has been producing military for some time now since Beijing is the site of Shake's Theatre (which, by the way, is a landlocked city. Stupid AI). Given that Triton has so few cities, perhaps you'd like to take on the new province created by defeating the Romans? You would get to spearhead the campaign to give it an official name..

Okie Dokey.

Yeah, the AI really loves landlocked cities... its a great defense against mid game navies (e.g., the Vet Ironclads vs. AI Pikemen!!)...

Well I'll happily sort something out for wonder production but first can the governors give me an idea of how many shields each city is producing per turn please. This would allow me to decide which city is best for wonder production, based on its own production potential and that of the cities around it and their capability for caravan IPRBing. :D I'd be surprised if anyone thought of building the Apollo Program off the main island, but we shouldn't neglect our developing cities when considering manufacture of structurals (and even other parts on larger continents). How soon does everyone think that we should start to produce freights in preparation for the wonder and the parts? Space Flight will be 6 turns or so at most, and it would be good to have a start on Manhattan for a switch when we have it.

Where to build Apollo: it needn't be a city with high production itself as we are going to build Apollo with caravans anyway (that's how we build all wonders I think). THDP can't build anything on its own as it has only 4 shields a turn production or something like that so I think it is a good candidate to build Apollo as other cities can build caravans or improvements when they are necessary without any interference of a wonder being build there. THDP is fully equiped and doesn't need any improvements other than mass transit that could be rushbuild.
So what I think is that we rushbuild mass transit in THDP and then start on Manhattan, throw in any caravans standing around on the homeland and when spaceflight is developed just switch to Apollo and continue bombarding THDP with caravans.

My thoughts on building SS parts: many newly acquired cities still need improvements and we should build them. Cities with all improvements necessary already built can begin on building caravans right away to switch later on to SS parts.

Top Bottom