Proxy wars through city states (screenshot)

milk steak

Warlord
A buddy and I were playing standard archipelago on Emperor. Helsinki was attacked by Rome so we started gifting Helsinki units (we had a massive tech lead).

I've only ever seen city states raze non-capitals, so I was kind of surprised when I saw what happened. Rome still had a tiny city way in the north on a barren glacier.

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0005.jpg
    Civ5Screen0005.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 927
Damn, that`s one big city state right there. But what kept Augustus from just making peace with Helsinki?

Holy crap, I have never seen anything like that in my games. Usually the city states (after I would gift them units) would fight the civ attacking them until the civ would offer them peace (which they would take). But I never thought that they would keep going and going lol.

Damn, that`s one big city state right there. But what kept Augustus from just making peace with Helsinki?

I have no idea... I'm guessing Augustus tried to sue for peace, but Helsinki wasn't having it. Heck, I wouldn't if I were Helsinki.

That's... actually kind of awesome.

Helsinki's moving on up to the big time. :D

Me. :p I also have a problem with knees. People's knees. Cover them up people!

Edit- Also hornets.

Helsinki probably declared a permanent war against Rome. They'll do that if attacked too many times or if a Civ is conquering too many City-States.

Cool city-state. Do you get same reputation with all or you have to bribe all his cities? You get more food?

But...
What's up with the trireme in modern era? :eek:

Cool city-state. Do you get same reputation with all or you have to bribe all his cities? You get more food?

But...
What's up with the trireme in modern era? :eek:
I just have to bribe Helsinki proper to earn influence. I don't have to bribe all the Roman cities.

About the Trireme: You can see I had no Iron to upgrade it to a Frigate. :(

Just pop a quick H on the box, problem solved.

H for Honey right??

Man, my City States never do that, and I have a lot of them :(

Top Bottom