Public opinion

Evilwarlock666

Chieftain
I'm playing my first game of BNW here are as Assyria on Pangaea on King, and the turn after I pick my ideology I get massive unhappiness, with Order and Autocracy I get -17 happiness and if I pick freedom its -7.
I neglected culture and tourism throughout my game (I'm not very good) and I understand that stuff affects other civ's influence on your public opinion, but I don't get the details of it and is there any way to fix my unhappiness (its also causing huge deficits)?

Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to a domination victory and I was about to DoW Indonesia and then go on to get the rest of the the opposition but the Indeology problems has ruined my plans, thanks for the help agian.

What is the current "World Ideology"? If Freedom is gives the least unhappniess, you should probably follow it or otherwise your unhappiness can grow to like -40, which can be a huge problem if you are going for a domination (loss of combat strength). Your low culture output against tourism is also another reason for unhappiness-- you should also consider getting more great works.

Yes this is the second role tourism plays and the reason no one should neglect it entirely. Tourism controls the strength of your ideologies influence and apparently is directly linked in such a way that if im following freedom and my tourism is highest, everyone else will be steadily forced to freedom unless they can outdo me in tourism

What is the current "World Ideology"? If Freedom is gives the least unhappniess, you should probably follow it or otherwise your unhappiness can grow to like -40, which can be a huge problem if you are going for a domination (loss of combat strength). Your low culture output against tourism is also another reason for unhappiness-- you should also consider getting more great works.

There isn't a world ideology yet

Top Bottom