Pyramids at 1300 AD

Bast

Protector of Cats
This is Epic speed, Monarch btw. I can't believe no one built it. :eek: Is this normal?

Attachments

• Pyramids 1300.JPG
    Pyramids 1300.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 302
This is Epic speed, Monarch btw. I can't believe no one built it. :eek: Is this normal?
Heck, I would've been scared to start construction so late in the game, thinking it a waste of time... surely someone else was one or two turns away from completion!

Not on topic but your science output is only 143. Is that normal on Epic?
I'm having 1000 beakers/turn on emperor-Marathon and researching Steel in the same year.

Pyramids are fairly easy to build even without Stone if I just chop some wood. It's an early wonder and it requires lots of work, so that must be why AI avoids it a little.

I don't how the AI priorities for building certain wonders go (tech path?) but 'mids used to go earlier in Warlords than in BtS if memory serves correctly.

I think if you look, the pyramids are bad (number of hammers) at the start, but are not too bad.

Temple of Artemis is almost as bad, but Chicken Pizza is the same I believe and Angkor Wat is worse.

ive certainly seen it as late as the early AD's, but never that late.

There is certainly no point in trying for the mids unless you are industrious and have stone. there are far more important things to build like units.

I had the pryamids go at about that time in a recent Monarch game as well, I almost started them at about 0BC but thought for certain the hammers would be wasted.

Are you playing a small/tiny map? Obviously fewer AIs means fewer Civs to build the wonder.

More suprising than the 123 BPT at 1300AD (he's running 40% and looks like he spent the time on hammers conquering another AI), it's that late and you've barely explored past your borders?

Not on topic but your science output is only 143. Is that normal on Epic?
I'm having 1000 beakers/turn on emperor-Marathon and researching Steel in the same year.

Pyramids are fairly easy to build even without Stone if I just chop some wood. It's an early wonder and it requires lots of work, so that must be why AI avoids it a little.

This is only like my 4th game on Monarch and obviously I've never won on this level. So suffice to say that I'm doing pretty badly. Especially because I've been warmongering and my science has really suffered.

I had the pryamids go at about that time in a recent Monarch game as well, I almost started them at about 0BC but thought for certain the hammers would be wasted.

Are you playing a small/tiny map? Obviously fewer AIs means fewer Civs to build the wonder.

More suprising than the 123 BPT at 1300AD (he's running 40% and looks like he spent the time on hammers conquering another AI), it's that late and you've barely explored past your borders?

Standard map, 7 total civilizations. Other leaders include wonder whores such as Pacal, Mansa Musa and Joao so this does surprise me a little.

Yes, I've barely explored past my borders but that's how I usually play the game. I just buy maps later on. :mischief:

Top Bottom