Queen of the Iceni

Kael, one thing.

There's one graphical detail of civilizations, besides the diplomatic scenes, that's only noticed if you're playing against them. Since you can't see what the cities of others are producing, that section of a city's name tag has the civilization's icon on it. But it's not the "bead" that appears in rankings, civ selection, Civilopedia, etc: it's the silhouette coloured in the civ's primary colour, matching the city name's font colour, and obviously has the secondary colour as background (which is the whole name tag).

Have you managed to mod this for the Celts?

I'm guessing this particular version of the icon uses a different atlas but the same PortraitIndex ID number. In my custom civs' case, each had an individual atlas for their "beads". The first slot (0) was used, like in the Celts' case, so it turns out they're using the silhouette icon of the Americans (who also take up the first slot, apparently in both vanilla atlases). At least until I can find this second atlas and properly edit it. Where is it? I read the graphic modding tools are rather buggy when it comes to extraction.

Take a look at the Vikings Mod Changelog says it has an own icon since v2.

Could you upplaod an external link other than the mod list in-game? i am having problems seeing the modlist and i REALLY want to try this mod, so if it would be possble to add a link to download a .zip file of the mod so i cam manually install it, that would be great.

thnks :)

please ingnore my last post, i fixed my problem and i can download stuff just fine now. Though i was wondering why your mod shows the single unit animation ingame, and if it can be changed, i like the new small army animations and i really like playing with the celtic nations, so if its possible to change, i would appreciate it.

Just an FYI regarding a conflict with another mod:

If the R.E.D. modpack is installed, the Gaelic Warrior unit graphic doesn't appear. This likely affects the Sons of Morrigan as well, though I haven't yet tested that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERLoft
Bummer - I really like the multi-unit graphics. I'd love to add the Celts, but not at the expense of the graphics for everyone else. Any chance of a variant of the mod coming out later for those of us who like the graphics as they are?
quote:
originally posted by KAEL
Yes. I don't want to clutter the ModBrowser with a half dozen little piecemeal mods. But I'll move these around as it makes sense. Ideally it will be as you suggested earlier and I'll find a way to make it into an option, but thats not possible today (but CivV has only been out for 1 day, so it's still early).

Excellent ! love your work (ffh rules) but not the single unit graphics......so look forward to it .when ive played celts for more than an hour i'll send some feed back of worth ..( i hope)

first thoughts...arn't gallic warriors just tougher scouts?

While I do like your work and don't want to belittle it, the Celts are too overpowered. I beat the computer on Diety with ease. The only way in the past I could beat it on Diety is on a Archipelego map.

:eek: Investigating Celtic civilization has caught my attention this theory of DNA.
According to these studies, the Celts would have originated in northern Spain.
I found very interesting so I'll post it :crazyeye:
(Look at the article islands of blood)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Sykes

(information from another site)
According to a study conducted by the professor of genetics and molecular medicine at the University of Oxford, Bryan Sykes, Celts who inhabited Britain before the arrival of Saxons, Vikings and Normans, descendants of populations from the Iberian Peninsula who crossed the Bay of Biscay over 4000 years ago.

In reaching this conclusion, the team led by Sykes, took DNA samples from more than 10,000 people in the UK and Ireland, in order to develop a complete genetic map, with the result that people traditionally called Celtic, Scottish, Welsh and Irish, have a close relationship with the northern populations of Iberia, curiously from a haplogroup that has its source of emission in the Bay of Biscay. The composition analysis of Y chromosome DNA fingerprints revealed that the Celts were almost identical to those of the inhabitants of northern Spain.

Daniel G. Bradley, professor of genetics at Trinity College Dublin, reached the same genetic results published by Sykes. Should be completed when Bradley speaks of the "Atlantic coast" does not as is common in Spain to refer to Galicia and Portugal, but it limited the Atlantic Pyrenees: "The similarity between the Atlantic coastal areas is more evident and shows that in fact the west of Ireland and Great Britain have a greater affinity with the Basque region. " Thus, the genetic affinities are highest between the Irish and the Cantabrian-Pyrenean, and descend into the western populations of northern Spain.

These studies appear to contradict traditional theories suggest that the British Celts from central Europe. However, it is likely that this Iberian genetic inheritance in the British Isles is related to the expansion megalithic prior to the existence of the Celts. Are you aware of business contacts and a breadcrumb ancient, prehistoric, linking the Gulf of Cadiz with what are now Ireland and Britain.
To this must be added the evidence that in 10,000 BC Europe was experiencing a mini ice age and the Iberian Peninsula was one of the few places in Europe where man could live. Much of the European continent, including the British Isles was covered in ice cream. In retreating ice, there was a northward migration. All this happened long before the birth of any Celtic culture.

Excellent mod, just cant really get on with the single display.. Being a bit dim I often find myself simply forgetting just how beat up my guys are..:mischief:

I have been happily playing with these celts for a few days now - then my Steam client downloads the Civ 5 patch, and now everything crashes when I try to load my ssavegame.

I already updated my main other mod (Economy mod) to a version that is compatible with the patch. I also tried disabling all other small mods and loading my savegame with only Queen Iceni mod and Economy mod (v4) enabled - runtime error crash was my result :(

Can anyone confirm for me that we need an update to this Celtic mod for people like me to be able to continue and finish their ongoing game?

Spoiler :
I have been happily playing with these celts for a few days now - then my Steam client downloads the Civ 5 patch, and now everything crashes when I try to load my ssavegame.

I already updated my main other mod (Economy mod) to a version that is compatible with the patch. I also tried disabling all other small mods and loading my savegame with only Queen Iceni mod and Economy mod (v4) enabled - runtime error crash was my result :(

Can anyone confirm for me that we need an update to this Celtic mod for people like me to be able to continue and finish their ongoing game?

Most likely the case. For the time being, patch day for most who use Mods MAY cause issues. As far as I'm aware, no auto updating either, so patience is paramount.
Mods + patch =issuefarms. :coffee:

Additional info:
post patch it is no longer possible to start a new game and play with the Celts as a civilization. The civ no longer shows up as a selectable option. (and yes i have the mod enabled.)

Additional info:
post patch it is no longer possible to start a new game and play with the Celts as a civilization. The civ no longer shows up as a selectable option. (and yes i have the mod enabled.)

I hadn't looked at the mods prepatch, but i saw this one and really wanted to try it, so i figured out how to use mods and i am fairly sure did everything correctly, but the civ doesn't show up for me either.

Additional info:

Confirm this.

Also, since the Mongol DLC, a new issue: the Khan unit doesn't scale correctly to the other units, it is much smaller (the original size, while the other single units are larger). Haven't got to Keshiks yet, but I presume there will be the same issue there. Or will they perhaps remain as multi-units?

BTW, Kael, will we ever be able to use your single-unit graphics as the default? I much prefer your graphics, but some of the other mods seem incompatible - for instance using the City States Diplomacy mod reverts to the default multi-unit graphics.

Excellent mod, just cant really get on with the single display.. Being a bit dim I often find myself simply forgetting just how beat up my guys are..:mischief:

Just switch on the unit icons - it shows a unit health bar which should fix your problem. I agree, w/o the health bar it gets difficult!
There is a button next to the mini-map where you can adjust the display options - just enable unit icons there.

Hello everyone, I'm new. Sorry for my ignorance but where can I download the mod? Why in the forum do not find it anywhere ... thanks.

Do you speak Gaelic? I was going to plan out some phrases for Boudica to say if anyone ever wanted to implement them (I don't speak Gaelic, but my friend does). Unfortunately, finding a female Civ fan who speaks Gaelic isn't something I can do easily. And this is provided there's an animated leader to go with it anyway.

Does anybody in the world know English Gaelic? I think it's extinct.

Hello everyone, I'm new. Sorry for my ignorance but where can I download the mod? Why in the forum do not find it anywhere ... thanks.

Devois89, to find Mods for Civ 5, go turn your game on.
1. select MODS
2. select BROWSE MODS
3. you have 3 tabs across the top. Installed; Online; Downloads. SELECT online.
4. browse until you find one or so you like, select it hit Install.(sign life away)
5. once it has installed go to DOWNLOADS tab, make sure it there.
6. select the INSTALLED tab then look in the bottom right-hand corner, select INSTALL
MOD
7. finally check the 'checkbox' next to the MOD to use.
8. Play your game. :run:

Devois89, to find Mods for Civ 5, go turn your game on.
1. select MODS
2. select BROWSE MODS
3. you have 3 tabs across the top. Installed; Online; Downloads. SELECT online.
4. browse until you find one or so you like, select it hit Install.(sign life away)
5. once it has installed go to DOWNLOADS tab, make sure it there.
6. select the INSTALLED tab then look in the bottom right-hand corner, select INSTALL
MOD
7. finally check the 'checkbox' next to the MOD to use.
8. Play your game. :run:

Ok thank you in advance for your time. I downloaded the whole mod of the game (I also checked the folder), just that I can not play. I go on Mod -> custom scenario and does not appear. Same thing happens with other mod I downloaded. Thanks in advance! :)

Top Bottom