Question about building research

LuCypher73

Chieftain
What is the tech per hammer ratio?

Real thing I am wondering though is if switching to research doing golden ages can increase scientific progress in a helpful way. I am going to play a couple of games, one normally and one using golden ages to build research and i reckon I can take note at certain intervals.

Not sure what considerations to factor in I am new to strategizing.

Im thinking America, continents, standard size and speed no options would be a fairly neutral starting point. I will go for a science victory.

That sound like fair testing parameters? Has anyone tried this before? Any thoughts?

It seems to be soething like 25% (and it looked to me it does not get multiplied by science multipliers), so its practicaly useless if you have anything else to do (but its better than throwing production away completely).
So i would NOT use golden ages to build research unless it brings something critical turn earlier (and critical means something like advancing age, when I know that on that turn i will gain new SP, and I don't want current age SPs.)

What is the tech per hammer ratio?

Real thing I am wondering though is if switching to research doing golden ages can increase scientific progress in a helpful way. I am going to play a couple of games, one normally and one using golden ages to build research and i reckon I can take note at certain intervals.

Not sure what considerations to factor in I am new to strategizing.

Im thinking America, continents, standard size and speed no options would be a fairly neutral starting point. I will go for a science victory.

That sound like fair testing parameters? Has anyone tried this before? Any thoughts?

GAs will not help research in any way. Research is purely a function of population. Increase population and multiplier buildings to research more quickly. GAs will only help your hammer and gold production. Since science is tied to population, food is the key.

GAs will not help research in any way. Research is purely a function of population. Increase population and multiplier buildings to research more quickly. GAs will only help your hammer and gold production. Since science is tied to population, food is the key.
He is talking about building Research which converts :c5production: into :c5science: (just like building :c5gold: )

Personally I would always rather have 4 hammers than 1 beaker. Therefore, I advise against this.

Any thoughts?

you'd be better off building wealth and buying RAs. this is more an indication of how overpowered RAs are than anything else - building wealth is a bad choice.
100 raw prod would translate to 25bpt building research or 10gpt building wealth, 10 gpt buys an RA, an RA that completes an industrial tech is > 50 bpt.

Top Bottom