Question About European Version of Civ 4 (All welcome)

Undertaker798

I studied on killin' you!
Now i may sound nooby, or may sound like i am spamming and wasting your time, but...

Seeing as the european version of civ 4 is taking longer than the U.S version, does this mean that the game will contain less bugs? Or does that mean they are having a hard time getting it to europe?

Please help!

It's exactly the same game (same build). I got my European version two days ago already -- sooner than many Americans. It's the German version, but that is the European DVD version. France also already has it. The UK and some other European countries don't, but there are other reasons for that (possibly capacity problems, poor infrastructure, confusion -- who knows.). You'll get the same build that everyone else has, I'm afraid. (It works flawlessly for me, by the way.)

See you have confused me now, lol.

I hope that my copy works flawlessly like yours, but i am kinda sad that there might be the bugs left. *Brain overload*

Well, the thing is, it's hard for me to gauge if the game really has many problems, or if you only see posts from people who do have problems, because everyone else (who doesn't have trouble) is playing the game. :p I haven't got *any* problems at all. My system is average, not top of the line: P4 3.0Ghz HT, 1 GB RAM, ATI x700pro/256, on-board AC97 sound, XP SP2. Nothing fancy. No crashes (played about 16 hours, both online and offline), no slow downs, no graphics glitches ... only reason I am even here is because I have to get some work done. :)

Technical stuff is a difficulty to me, i dont really care if it has a Mongoose™ 2005 megadrive or 3 bizillion ram. All that i really care about is that it works! I can stand a sound glitch, *Like civ 2, my warriors didn't grunt. :(* But i cant stand, for instance somebody posted a "Firework" glitch, where the land turns into funky colours like its a disco! Anything past a simple sound glitch kinda pees me off slightly. Thanks for taking your time to read this extremely boring thread of my life.

Top Bottom