Question about Hoover Dam

Taurean

Chieftain
It says in description on one of the sites, that a prerequisite for building a hydro plant, is that the town must have a mountain square in it.

Does this also go for the hoover dam, when every city gets a free hydro plant? Must the city then have a mountain square in order to get this effect?

It says in description on one of the sites, that a prerequisite for building a hydro plant, is that the town must have a mountain square in it.

Does this also go for the hoover dam, when every city gets a free hydro plant? Must the city then have a mountain square in order to get this effect?
I believe the Hoover Dam is a special case. But, with the Hoover Dam, as well as J.S. Bach's Cathedral, there's an idiosybcracy to how a Civ2 map defines their numbered, "continents," in a given map and game that is not entirely intuitive.

Hoover Dam will provide every city with a Hydro Plant, regardless of whether the city has a river/mountain (or whatever the condition actually is; I never knew exactly). A city needs a factory or mfg plant in order to get the shield bonus from a power/nuclear/hydro/solar plant, so Hoover Dam does nothing* for a city without a factory.

*maybe it still cuts pollution, I don't remember that detail.

Hoover Dam can be built anywhere, the city doesn't need to be qualified for a hydro plant.

JS Bach's cathedral works for all cities regardless of the continent.

Top Bottom