Question about "Just War"

kylan

Chieftain
How many tiles does the 20% bonus for "Just War" extend? If it's only 1 tile surrounding the city it seems a little meh...

There appears to be some confusion here. It's not really protective. AFAIK, your enemy doesn't get the buff, and you don't get a buff for protecting your own cities. The range appears to be two tiles, and it's calculated based on the target (not the attacker). Thus, if you use an archer from 4 tiles away to nail a warrior next to a city, you should get +20% and they should get nothing. It's a very powerful offensive belief as long as you have an early religion (i.e., you're able to spread it freely).

I love "Just War." I like to send out a Great Prophet with my troops and convert a city as soon as they are in place. Rinse. Lather. Repeat. It's a huge boon to early expansion, IMHO.

Suppose Player A has Just War while Player B has Defender of the Faith.

Player B has two cities (of each respective religion) four tiles away (three tiles if on different land masses). In the respective tiles (which are two away from each of the cities), do each of the players get their combat bonus (Just War and Defender of the Faith)?

The reason I ask is because I've noticed that Just War and Defender of the Faith do *not* stack in the situation where a player's religion has both (only currently possible with Byzantium). In such cases, I only get one of the bonuses, not both.

i think it is so, halcyan.

The reason I ask is because I've noticed that Just War and Defender of the Faith do *not* stack in the situation where a player's religion has both (only currently possible with Byzantium). In such cases, I only get one of the bonuses, not both.

If they did stack it would be a bit OP:eek:

If they did stack it would be a bit OP:eek:
Would it really?

You'd be using all of Byzantium's UA to get an additional +20% combat when near certain cities of the right religion, which could only be done once you have a religion. And note that the tiles where you could get both bonuses would be very, very few.

Compare to China's UA which gives you an additional +15% when near Great Generals (which is much easier to do) and increases their spawn rate.

If China + either Defender or Just War is not overpowered, then I don't see how Defender + Just War is overpowered.

I don't understand the confusion here....

Just War - 20% attack when attacking an ENEMY CITY following this religion. (cannot be used defensively at all)

Defender Of Faith - 20% attack against ENEMY UNITS near city following this religion

Top Bottom