Question about veteran units + barrack

malitano

Warlord
I understand German warriors start out +3 (Veteran).

Does that mean that if I build a Barracks (+3) and then build a warrior, he will pop out Elite? (+6)

Please advice

I understand German warriors start out +3 (Veteran).

Does that mean that if I build a Barracks (+3) and then build a warrior, he will pop out Elite? (+6)

Please advice

Yes, but only warriors. It's a hefty investment to pump a barracks early game, unless you've got the gold to cover a rush. To be honest, it's not that hard to tech a warrior army from vet to elite. It only takes a couple of victories which usually come from barb camps.

Why only warriors?

only the warriors start with 3 exp.

FYI that would give a massive boost to you initial warrior armies

1) get 3 separate warriors
2) promote each of them differently
3) form army

Result is an army with 3 quality upgrades and veterancy

with the other German bonus 'automatic upgrades for elite units' once you research iron working you'll have a well ard' legion

any thoughts?

only the warriors start with 3 exp.

FYI that would give a massive boost to you initial warrior armies

1) get 3 separate warriors
2) promote each of them differently
3) form army

Result is an army with 3 quality upgrades and veterancy

with the other German bonus 'automatic upgrades for elite units' once you research iron working you'll have a well ard' legion

any thoughts?

Yeah it'd be a boost, but think about how many turns you're going to blow building a barracks if you don't find gold. Sometimes barbarian huts just keep giving you tech, or a galleys. Once in a blue moon a settler will even pop. In scenarios like that, the time you waste going barracks will be time wasted exploring. It's a really risky investment early game.

The easiest way to get instant-elite units is to get a great general great person, and combine with a barracks in one city.

Top Bottom