Question Marks in City Billboard

caveman_pgh

Chieftain
I recall this was discussed in another thread but I was unable to find it... I created this thread so the answer doesn't get lost for others who may have the same problem in the future.

In both the development branch and the 4.0.1 release I am seeing '?' in the city billboards instead of the expected symbols for unrest, barracks space, defense bonuses, etc. I do NOT have this issue when playing 3.0.1 on the same PC.

Mod is installed here (Steam install): C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Civilization IV Colonization\Mods
I have copied the newest versions of tbb.dll and tbbmalloc.dll into the Civ4 exe directory.

Screenshots attached, thanks in advance for the assistance!!

Attachments

• 20230412_CityBillboards_4.0.1.png
    20230412_CityBillboards_4.0.1.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 39
  • 20230412_CityBillboards_DevBranch.png
    20230412_CityBillboards_DevBranch.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 43
Did you follow these instructions ?
(If not please do so because it should fix the issue.)

That fixed it!

I thought I had done this years ago but evidently not - I never play multiplayer and hadn't run into any issues to this point.

Thanks again @raystuttgart for your help (and patience)!!

Attachments

• 20230412_CityBillboardsFixed.png
    20230412_CityBillboardsFixed.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 35
Since you are talking about city billboards, what is the information they provide regarding resources? Education, Happiness, Law - understood, but what about the resources? Also, i have a "coins" symbol - what is that for?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-12 135109.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-12 135109.png
    239.1 KB · Views: 34
Also, i have a "coins" symbol - what is that for?
You have a "positive Domestic Market Event" going in that City.
So the City will generate more money from Sales of Domestic Market - if the goods demanded are available.

----

If it shows a "Lumber Sign":
City is running out of Lumber.

You have a "positive Domestic Market Event" going in that City.
So the City will generate more money from Sales of Domestic Market - if the goods demanded are available.

----

If it shows a "Lumber Sign":
City is running out of Lumber.
:woohoo: wow, I did not know that. I definitely need to play.... :aargh:

Top Bottom