Question regarding First Nuclear Test- building

MatteM

Prince
Hello!

I am making a huge mod based on AND, I like the feature that you first build "Manhattan Project" and then "First nuclear test" as a building which according to the text allows only the player how built the test building nukes,
it seems to have <bAllowsNukes>1</bAllowsNukes> in the xml. Does this only allow for nukes to the specific player or does it enable ICBMs for everyone on the map? The tag <bAllowsNukes>1</bAllowsNukes> originally
in the project allows everyone nukes, which of course is non-sensical by Firaxis from the beginning.

Sorry if this is answered somewhere but I couldn't find it through the forum search.

/Matte

That would mean inheriting broken multiplayer and AI, if you are not aware.

Oh really, I wasn't aware :lol:

Well I haven't got very far other than adding a lot of techs and clearing out a lot of content that I don't want, so if AND is that broken what base would you recommend instead if I want similiar features? I thought AND was being worked on still since the downloads are being updated regularely.

what base would you recommend instead if I want similiar features?
Which features are those?
I thought AND was being worked on still since the downloads are being updated regularely.
Only 45Degrees is back to work and he doesn't work on DLL.
I ported the mod to Chronicles of Mankind, which I hope have resolved the ai-issues
Nah, Nexus doesn't do C programming either. AIs still can't (or at least are very-very-very reluctant to) cross seas and require even more ridiculous difficulty coefficients than original.

Actually I'm still around, it just takes a lot of time for testing a new dll, which I don't have right now. But I might be able to fix specific issues. And multiplayer is definitely not broken in AND. I've played multiple games to the transhuman era in MP. There are OOS from time to time, but definitely playable especially if you follow my advices in the multiplayer subforum. Pitboss doesn't work with AND despite my efforts, but DirectIP is definitely working. On the other hand, as in most very complex mods, AI doesn't understand every feature of the game and can't take advantage of many of them. :dunno: This began before I started taking care of the project and would require a major overhaul and a lot of time and patience. And any change in turn would bring risks of breaking something else, so I'm not very inclined to change the code unless I'm very sure of what the result might be (which in most cases is something very hard to do beforehand).
I know there are things which aren't working. But I don't want to take the risk of fixing things which might break something else as I don't have time to follow every possible problem which might arise. I'm still around and still playing RAND, just not much into the dll programming thing right now.

In any event, I ported the mod to Chronicles of Mankind, which I hope have resolved the ai-issues,
Many bugs solved thanks to the help of other programmer-modders.
Since I don't really touch the dll (merge a few easy things sometimes) I work with what I have and try not to break anything else :bump:

it seems to have <bAllowsNukes>1</bAllowsNukes> in the xml. Does this only allow for nukes to the specific player or does it enable ICBMs for everyone on the map? The tag <bAllowsNukes>1</bAllowsNukes> originally
in the project allows everyone nukes, which of course is non-sensical by Firaxis from the beginning.
IIRC bAllowsNukes in projects is for every player but in buildings it's only for that specific player.

I'm still around and still playing RAND
Aha? You were spotted in RI area quite often recently :lol:

AIs still can't (or at least are very-very-very reluctant to) cross seas
A random idea:
So there is this modmod for FFH2: More Naval AI. I never played any FFH2, so it may be a stupid thing to say but is there any chance/sense to port that into our dll?

Aha? You were spotted in RI area quite often recently :lol:

Yeah, I started playing RI some months ago because I started comparing some parts of RAND code with RI'. RI is much simpler from many point of views, which makes it more stable for multiplayer too. RAND is stable enough in multiplayer but I've never been able to make pitboss work (and I would have loved that), while in RI I'm currently in a MP game and hosting a pitboss server with 6 players, playing once a month a live session and playing one turn each 1 or 2 days depending on players availability. We had some OOS but that mod is working in MP. Unfortunately, it didn't help me much with RAND because as I said RAND code is much more complex. And this is the reason why I'm so reluctant to touch anything more in the dll or python code; I'm not sure any change I can make will not break multiplayer. And I don't have enough time to revert changes and try to catch other bugs which might arise from a change in the code. I have a list of things I'm aware are causing troubles and I'd still like to fix them but it's currently too time consuming for my free time. :dunno:

Top Bottom