1. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Main site is finally re-opened! We migrated it to a new CMS and gave it a new layout as well.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Downloads database has been migrated and re-opened! Check it out and post in Site Feedback if any issue. We have done URL re-write so that old links will continue to work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A new Civ6 theme forum style is now available and it's made the default forum style! Check it out and comment here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We have successfully migrated the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo! Please take a look around and report any issue you see in Site Feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Centrius4, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Centrius4

Centrius4 Chieftain

Mar 25, 2004
    What determines what year you civ enters a new age? I've noticed I've been hitting different ages at different moments in the game and I'm not entirely sure how (or even if anything effects it at all). I've been looking for the answer but I haven't found it yet. Any help would be vastly appreciated.
  2. Halcyon

Halcyon 9000

Mar 19, 2004
    When you discover all of the techs on an era's page in the F6 Science Advisor screen which don't have an (/) on them, you proceed to the next era. The (/) techs are unnecessary for advancement, but often helpful enough to merit getting anyway.

So, discovering every Ancient tech except Literature, Monarchy and The Republic will move you to the Middle Ages, and so on.
  3. valamas

valamas Chieftain

Dec 10, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Also, can you place a better description as the forum subject rather that "Question" please?

Welcome to CFC