Questions about Unit Art Styles

zulu9812

The Newbie Nightmare
I originally asked this question in the main C&C forum, and was advised that it would require SDK work. So, I'm bringing it over here.

It seems that the Unit Art Styles are restricted to Early, Middle and Late tags and that which eras these tags refer to is hard-coded. I would like to do at least one, if not both, of the following things:

1. Increase the number of tags available to 6, one for each era.

2. Be able to modify which eras these tags refer, ideally in an xml file - so as to avoid another hard-coding scenario. If we can lick this now, we can turn it into a universal function that other modders could easily use.

Does anyone know how we can approach this?

I originally asked this question in the main C&C forum, and was advised that it would require SDK work. So, I'm bringing it over here.

It seems that the Unit Art Styles are restricted to Early, Middle and Late tags and that which eras these tags refer to is hard-coded. I would like to do at least one, if not both, of the following things:

1. Increase the number of tags available to 6, one for each era.

2. Be able to modify which eras these tags refer, ideally in an xml file - so as to avoid another hard-coding scenario. If we can lick this now, we can turn it into a universal function that other modders could easily use.

Does anyone know how we can approach this?

It's already done.

I've changed the unit art define tags from early, middle, late to ancient (default), classical, medieval,... - it's called Unit Era Art and is a part of CCV. And if you want to export a trigger to XML I can tell you where the SDK trigger is and how it works. No problem! Send me a PM to remember me to send you the needed CCV files. But don't forget to rework the XML files! My won't help you - too much other stuff. ;)

€:
Okay, here are the needed files. I hope I forgot none. Search for > Unit Era Art<. And as an example there are also my XMLs.

Top Bottom