Questions & Answers

can i just a question about the gameplay?

the immigrants going to america, are they from the poorer civs in the world, or just from random ones?

they are from a random city of one of the poorest and unhappy civs of the world that have contact with America.
Playing as America, you'll see where they come from looking at the % of population of immigrants

Just downloaded your MOD today and when i tried to play it, it started at 3000BC and kept going backwards "by itself" and did not stop, whats this all about? Would not let me play the game because of this.
Dont know what area to ask for sure?

strategyonly said:
Just downloaded your MOD today and when i tried to play it, it started at 3000BC and kept going backwards "by itself" and did not stop, whats this all about? Would not let me play the game because of this.

If you pick any civ but China, Egypt or India you will start later than 3000BC and the Ai will play to the point when you start, for example Arabia starts at 600AD or so and USA at the 17th century. The loading time ranges from a few minutes with, say, Greece to perhaps half an hour if you start as a civ which appears very late.

strategyonly said:

Two ways to notice when it'll stop. On the start up screen where you pick your civ, if you mouse over the civ it states in what year the game will start. I believe it also states it when you pick the civ.

The biggest one is when the game has started or is loading. During that time the years are passing by you'll still have the "Test of Time" screen showing. As I recall the first line states what year the game will start at. I usually start the game and than wander off until it's ready.

Hey Rhye, this was the only place I could think of to put this.

Did you know and/or intend it that farms can only be built on floodplains after Biology? They can still be built to get wheat, but never just on a 'normal' flood plain. This severely weakens the Fertile Crescent because with no farms + so many cities, none of the cities ever seem to get very large.

Vishaing said:
Hey Rhye, this was the only place I could think of to put this.

Did you know and/or intend it that farms can only be built on floodplains after Biology? They can still be built to get wheat, but never just on a 'normal' flood plain. This severely weakens the Fertile Crescent because with no farms + so many cities, none of the cities ever seem to get very large.

Don't flood plains get 3 food without irrigation? Seems like enough food early on to me.

I like how flood plains can't build farms. It prevents those cities from becoming super monsters. Now they can just get as big as any other city with lots of grasslands, just the flood plains get an early game bonus of not requiring you to build the farms.

Rhye said:
what's wrong with it?

Well since i was in the military defending the USA for over 20 years, i never once and never will see a flag of such always has been red/white/blue and always will be. Even Betsy Ross' flag where it all started was r/w/b. The flag i think you are using is supposed to be an UN flag, but the UN will NEVER be the USA flag, for that matter anyother country either. This is "my" opinion ok.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=132065&d=1152465453

When next version arrive ? ....

It is very cool the system of refusing flipping :D

French has been éliminated by Romans (me)

Spanish invaded by me too

strategyonly said:
Well since i was in the military defending the USA for over 20 years, i never once and never will see a flag of such always has been red/white/blue and always will be. Even Betsy Ross' flag where it all started was r/w/b. The flag i think you are using is supposed to be an UN flag, but the UN will NEVER be the USA flag, for that matter anyother country either. This is "my" opinion ok.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=132065&d=1152465453

This is NOT supposed to be the UN flag.

This is just a replacement for the single star, which has little more in common with USA than with other nations (what about the red star on USSR tanks and planes?). 13 stars for USA is more appropriate than 1 star.
And it's a replacement that is coherent with the format civ4 is using by default (2-colours symbol with alpha-channel). I'm not using modern one-pole flag like the one you posted.

Rhye, considering that RFC090 is close in number to version 1.0, are we that close to releasing the mod, or will 1.0 NOT be the "golden" version. Afterall, in RoC and RoCX we were constantly tweaking the final product.

It always sucks to abandon a good game when a new version comes out :)

Perhaps 1.0 would be the "final" one for vanilla civ, as the mod will continue to improve upon the warlords content...

Strange, when I loaded 090 it reset some settings in my Config.ini file

Top Bottom