Questions & Answers

When are new civilizations supposed to appear and in what way does this allow them to make cities flip?

In this save, my newly settled city is asked to flip on the next turn, and either way, a stack of doom appears. I'm supposed to anticipate Persians appearing? Not settle my city? Not settle it -there-?
It's offputting if I was supposed to settle sooner, since no city would have been defensible. I was counting on that to punish India if they landed the spot.

Settle on the Wine. Promot axeman to City Raider II, build a road. Wait two turns.

Yes you are supposed to anticipate the Persians appearing. The areas and dates are on the atlas:

http://rhye.civfanatics.net/civ4/rfc-atlas.htm

Hello.
i'v tried to read a lot on the forum about the mod, and from what I gathered the most common issue was the difficulty to increase the economy stability after a certain point since there's a limit to the number of the population in the cities, two solutions i've read were to either keep expanding or/and slowly increasing your growth throught out the game.

1.how exactly can i increase my growth slowly?
2.if i stagnant the growth shouldn't it have no effect on the GNP?(not increasing nor decreasing)
3.would whipping before growth help to keep the GNP stable?

thanks!

Hello.
i'v tried to read a lot on the forum about the mod, and from what I gathered the most common issue was the difficulty to increase the economy stability after a certain point since there's a limit to the number of the population in the cities, two solutions i've read were to either keep expanding or/and slowly increasing your growth throught out the game.

1.how exactly can i increase my growth slowly?
2.if i stagnant the growth shouldn't it have no effect on the GNP?(not increasing nor decreasing)
3.would whipping before growth help to keep the GNP stable?

thanks!

Hi BirdOfSand,

1. economic stability is calculated by commerce/pop. So if you don't raise your income/trade when raising the pop, your stability is falling.
2. Rhye has implemented a kind of inflation. So you always have to do something aginst this.
3. whipping means -2 local city stability. If your local city stability is below -5, hurrying has no effect

local city stability: (max -5)
angry -2
noStateRel -2
largeCity -2
hurry -2
noMilitary -1
warWeary -1

good ways to raise stability:

- Viceroyal + a lot of vassals
- Nationalism + a lot of wars (+3/war)

Thanks for the answer HolyHandGrenade

I've read more on the inflation and it helped me quite a lot.

The best source how these things work is the python source code :rolleyes:

Hi BirdOfSand,

1. economic stability is calculated by commerce/pop. So if you don't raise your income/trade when raising the pop, your stability is falling.
2. Rhye has implemented a kind of inflation. So you always have to do something aginst this.
3. whipping means -2 local city stability. If your local city stability is below -5, hurrying has no effect

local city stability: (max -5)
angry -2
noStateRel -2
largeCity -2
hurry -2
noMilitary -1
warWeary -1

good ways to raise stability:

- Viceroyal + a lot of vassals
- Nationalism + a lot of wars (+3/war)

... and some more hints:

+10 per def-pact
+2 OB
-5 stability(neighbor) > 0

Hey guys, one really basic question, playing the Rhye's save 3000BC that came with BTS (Steam version, so all updates should be enabled?). I cannot see the year nor the turn number, only the age (e.g., Stone Age). Is this generally not displayed or am I overlooking something here? Is there an alert for having missed out on a historical victory condition?

Can I create my own 'Your/ Civ Details (i.e. Civ description, Civ adjective) in RFC?

I enjoy playing RFC 600AD/3000BC as shipped with the game but when playing RAND, I would like to use my own custom Civ descriptions as I sometimes do when playing games without the mod. Normally I can change my leader name, civilizations description and adjective through the ' Your Details button on the main menu. However on RFC, the Civ description is always the RFC defaults (Holy Roman Empire becomes Third Reich or Kingdom of England to Great Britain) and cannot be changed, only changing depending on civics to RFC set descriptions.
Is it possible to disable this feature of RFC so that i can create my own Civ description and change it throughout the game as well?

Does anyone have the download file for Rhye’s and Fall for Mac? I know it comes with it for the Mac, but I messed with it and accidentally deleted it.

Top Bottom