questions for 242

I love the idea of trying to settle that 1-tile rubber island. But how do we know that Free hasn't already settled it? Would our spy / embassy inform us?

I'd also be nervous about any stray Saber destroyers thwarting our plan. How far away is that island, anyway?

peter, unlike in CIV the map is actually updated for us even if it's in the FoW. That's not true for improvements like mines and roads, but it is true for towns. So if FREE had settled there, we would see it on our map.

Battle log from FREE:
4/4 Mobile SAM climbs the iron hill west of The Tower and pushes the radar tower into the sea.

The attack on The Tower -

Bombardment from the seas (3 battleships, 4 cruisers and 6 destroyers):

Jet fighter 4/4 -> 2/4 Miss Miss Miss Jet fighter 4/4 -> 3/4 Miss Jet fighter 3/4 -> 1/4 Jet fighter 2/4 -> destroyed Miss Miss Miss Jet fighter 1/4 -> destroyed Miss Miss

Bombardment from the skies (4 bombers):

Miss
Barracks destroyed
Citizens killed
Walls destroyed

Ground attack:

20/20 modern armor army vs. 4/4 mech infantry -> 17/20 modern armor army 17/20 modern armor army vs. 4/4 mech infantry -> 11/20 modern armor army 11/20 modern armor army vs. 4/4 mech infantry -> 7/20 modern armor army
16/16 modern armor army vs. 4/4 mech infantry -> 15/16 modern armor army
15/16 modern armor army vs. 4/4 mech infantry -> 13/17 modern armor army
13/17 modern armor army vs. 4/4 mech infantry -> 9/17 modern armor army
16/16 marine army vs. 4/4 mech infantry -> 12/16 marine army
12/16 marine army vs. 4/4 mech infantry -> 2/17 marine army
9/16 marine army vs. 4/4 modern armor -> 9/16 marine army
9/16 marine army vs. 4/4 modern armor -> 4/17 marine army
4/4 modern armor vs. 4/4 modern armor -> 2/4 Council modern armor
4/4 modern armor vs. 4/4 modern armor -> 3/5 Saber modern armor
4/4 modern armor vs. 4/4 modern armor -> 3/4 Council modern armor
4/4 modern armor vs. 4/4 modern armor -> 2/5 Council modern armor
4/4 modern armor vs. 4/4 mech infantry -> 2/4 mech infantry
4/4 modern armor vs. 4/4 mech infantry -> 5/5 mech infantry
4/4 modern armor vs. 5/5 mech infantry -> 1/4 modern armor
4/4 modern armor vs. 4/4 mech infantry -> 1/4 mech infantry
4/4 modern armor vs. 3/3 modern armor -> 4/4 Saber modern armor
4/4 modern armor vs. 3/4 modern armor -> 2/5 Council modern armor
4/4 modern armor vs. 3/3 modern armor -> 2/4 Saber modern armor
4/4 modern armor vs. 2/4 modern armor -> 3/4 Saber modern armor
4/4 modern armor vs. 2/5 modern armor -> 4/4 Saber modern armor
4/4 modern armor vs. 2/5 modern armor -> 2/5 Council modern armor
4/4 modern armor vs. 2/5 modern armor -> 2/4 Saber modern armor
5/5 modern armor vs. 2/2 mech infantry -> 5/5 modern armor
5/5 modern armor vs. 2/4 mech infantry -> 5/5 modern armor
5/5 modern armor vs. 3/3 mobile SAM -> 5/5 modern armor
5/5 modern armor vs. 3/3 mobile SAM -> 3/5 modern armor
5/5 modern armor vs. 1/4 mech infantry -> 5/5 modern armor

The Tower is autorazed for 18 gold.

You running CAP or not wouldn't have mattered when they used the ships to bomb down the fighters first.

I feared this would happen when we didn't send in as many units. I didn't think it would be quite this bad, never considered that they might bomb down the walls. :(

We lost 12 MechInfs, 8 MAs and 2 SAMs to their 8 MAs lost.

:ack: wow, was I wrong about them leaving The Tower alone!

Well... at least they didn't find our transport.
Next turn we return the favor... :ar15:

Battle log from FREE:

:ack:
Anybody imagine that I felt rather relieved after realizing that SABER took The Tower? :D

That FREE gave me quite a shock. Losing to SABER was - well - expected. :rolleyes:

I agree to take the SABER island and give them another tough nut to crack.
Or should we wait if there emerges a war between SABER and FREE now that they achieved their "short term" target of denying us rubber? :hmm:

The one-tiler we might leave for later to land a settler and 4 SAMS there. If FREE should have already taken it, we might rather send marines. :hammer:

I'd say it was a well executed attack, helped by a certain degree of RNG luck, especially with the bombing.

Well, that's war. BTW, I was shocked at first to see a battle log from FREE, too. :wow: So we must wait for another save to discuss things.

The attack on The Tower -

Bombardment from the seas (3 battleships, 4 cruisers and 6 destroyers):

Jet fighter 4/4 -> 2/4 Miss Miss Miss Jet fighter 4/4 -> 3/4 Miss Jet fighter 3/4 -> 1/4 Jet fighter 2/4 -> destroyed Miss Miss Miss Jet fighter 1/4 -> destroyed Miss Miss
Do I read this right?
Do ships bombard and destroy jet fighters? :confused:
Can destroyers bombard? :eek:
edit: :hammer2: Of course they can , I knew that... :blush:

Yes, yes and yes.

Could we go back to the good ol' times of swords and chariots, please? :rolleyes:

From FREE:
Dear Wise People of The Council,
We are sorry to report that Subcommittee Island is now firmly Saber.
Subcommittee Island, Turn 242 (FREE)
Spoiler :

Subcommittee Island, Turn 242 (FREE) Annotated
Spoiler :

We see no signs of any friendly units ashore. When this screenshots we taken, we had not moved any units. We just opened the saved and took a peek.
Last turn (241) we spotted the Saber Invasion Force 2W-1NW of The Tower. These should have been visible to your forces on the hill 1E of The Tower. Saber had other forces, 2 vBattleships and 2 vDestroyers, 1E-3SE of The Tower. The turns (and RL) moved a bit fast for us to communicate all that with you. As you saw on your turn, we had some forces in the area.
Saber's Military
What does your spy say about Saber's military? As we look at the Orange Outrage left on Subcommittee Island, we see only 8 MAs. We also see only 4 Transports; 8 were present last turn.
We are also very interested in any knowledge that you might have of Saber's Transports.
Saber Invasion Fleets
We thought we had spotted the Southern Invasion Fleet on Turn 241, but now I see that instead we spotted the Northern Invasion Fleet off of Subcommittee Island. Both had 8 Transports, so I did not see my mistake. We did not see it last turn, mostly because I goofed. Sorry.
We need to find the Southern Invasion Fleet soon. It could strike at eiither you or us.
Rubber and Peace
We have no problem is trading you Rubber once we make peace. The question then becomes, when do we make peace?
Right now, for both of us, the major concern is to destroy Saber's military machine. With much of it at sea (17 Transports worth, at last count, before you sunk that Transport with 6 MAs) and some of it in Babe, if we can find that force and isolate it, it will go a long way towards the time that we can make peace for good.
Turn 242
We plan to ask for an extension to Turn 242. We know we given you a lot to think about, but the most immediate need for us is your best guess on Saber's military might. Any help from you on that would be greatly appreciated.
We will try to locate the rest of the Northern Invasion Fleet and find the Southern Invasion Fleet on this turn.
Sincerely yours,
Art Parry
aka CommandoBob
Let FREEdom ring,
Let the white dove sing...

What we know:

They hit us with 4 armies - 2 MA, one with 20 HP, one with 16 (now 17), and 2 marine armies.

I think they have another army on their homeland (I assume it's there)

I'd like to tell them that SABER's only supply of aluminum is on that little island and if they can cut if off, it will cause some concern for SABER.

The Southern Invasion fleet disappeared completely, but it has no armies. We assume it has 4 mobile sams and, probably, 4 marines.

We think they meant to feint.

I didn't get a good read on how many armies they had, but I don't think they have had enough time to build another one (their best city is making maybe 70 shields for an army)

I'm thinking (hoping) that SABER's southern fleet heads for former GONG land to make a quick win there.

Too bad the Military Stats has not been updated since #240 :sad:
I'd assume FREE still has no scaring navy so SABER might feel save at home.

I'm pretty sure an attack on their 11-tiler would change a plan like the above so I'd favor waiting for SABER's next step before we take that island... :hmm:

They might feel like they did enough to cripple us and head on to the better target for their domination. ;)

Alright, we have the save! :bounce:

I had a quick look, our transports are still there (would have been weird otherwise) and we're all ready to go for the invasion. May it not fail us. :shifty:

Top Bottom