Questions on 1.31?

OpheliaImmortal

Chieftain
I'm recently back to civ :mischief: and was like.. I once really loved rise from erebus, but stopped playing the game entirely at version 1.3
But then I saw a new patch, and well..am excited. My internet is awful though so I just wanna ask a few things before I commit to a huge download.

1- Elves... weren't happy in 1.3.. Is that fixed? ^_^
2- Did you leave the extra unhealth in? I liked it, but felt it needed tweaked a little.
3-How are turn speed times? Rise from erebus has always liked murdering my computer :sad:

I'm recently back to civ :mischief: and was like.. I once really loved rise from erebus, but stopped playing the game entirely at version 1.3
But then I saw a new patch, and well..am excited. My internet is awful though so I just wanna ask a few things before I commit to a huge download.

1- Elves... weren't happy in 1.3.. Is that fixed? ^_^
2- Did you leave the extra unhealth in? I liked it, but felt it needed tweaked a little.
3-How are turn speed times? Rise from erebus has always liked murdering my computer :sad:

• Should be fixed, yes. ;)
  • We did, but it was tweaked. So far there haven't been any angry threads about how it needs to be changed further, so we think it's good. :mischief:
  • Pretty good for me, but your mileage may vary. :crazyeye:
We have a new forum, btw. http://greyfox.me/rife/forum/index.php

Do ancient forests still give -1 food? Maybe my eyes are awful but I couldn't find anything in the changelog?
Im going to give the download a shot at least, the Health changes to various buildings look like nice 'tweaks' :)

Download time.. an absolutely silly 8 hours.

...3-How are turn speed times? Rise from erebus has always liked murdering my computer :sad:

Turn speed times are fine for me, until the very late game. But, I also only play on standard sized maps with a suitable number of AI opponents. That cuts down the turn time significantly. The larger the map, the more AIs and the more units moving along paths, exploring, entering combat and generally doing what units do, the more time it's going to take between turns in the late game.

Both MoM and Rife have slow turn speeds which is a big deterrent for me. Compared to them, vanilla, Orbis or NavalAI are blindingly fast.

I dunno about Orbis, but comparing Rife or MoM with vanilla is like comparing playing tetris with calculating new prime numbers...

I dunno about Orbis, but comparing Rife or MoM with vanilla is like comparing playing tetris with calculating new prime numbers...

use standard (or smaller) map size and normal speed and buy a new computer.

Well, for me extra features and increased wait times kinda break even when deciding which modmod to play.

Which is fine. Just pointing out that it's not just slower speeds; It comes hand in hand with better gameplay. ;)

Which btw was my point, I wasn't being very clear there. (Damn it, learn how to read my mind already! :p )

The load times aren't that crippling. Just read a book between mid-late game turns :p
That being said..I like my 20 civ huge map games so its my own damn fault.
The load times ARE better. More..like they take longer to get huge, even though the starting turns are a little slower. I very much like the optimization. Now that i've playtested :king:

Top Bottom