Quick Modding Questions Thread

If I want to increase the minimum city range from 2 to 3 I know to do that in the global defines. However, it doesnt seem to apply to small islands. Does anyone know of a way to make the minimum city range the same across the board so that you cant build two cities on two separate islands that are only one space apart?

If I want to increase the minimum city range from 2 to 3 I know to do that in the global defines. However, it doesnt seem to apply to small islands. Does anyone know of a way to make the minimum city range the same across the board so that you cant build two cities on two separate islands that are only one space apart?

Actually, similar but different question for me. I want to decrees the minimum city range from 2 to 1, ala RFC. What do I need to change in global defines to accomplish this?

If I wanted to create a building and civic that affects international reputation (the - 1 "we don't speak the same language" mechanic on scoreboard), what is the tag for that?

Hi,

I tried compiling the source code into a new dll and man it is way above my head, even with a guide. I only made one change in cvcityai.cpp (and I am using kmod).

Not sure even what files to attach here, but if someone were willing to tell me which files to attach, and then was willing to compile those files into a new dll, for me, I'd be willing to send them 5-10$ over paypal or whatever for their trouble, provided the new dll file(s) worked.

Im such a noob.

Hi,

I tried compiling the source code into a new dll and man it is way above my head, even with a guide. I only made one change in cvcityai.cpp (and I am using kmod).

Not sure even what files to attach here, but if someone were willing to tell me which files to attach, and then was willing to compile those files into a new dll, for me, I'd be willing to send them 5-10$ over paypal or whatever for their trouble, provided the new dll file(s) worked.

Im such a noob.

You are made changes in cvcityai.cpp, make some screenshots and post images here (my advice), nobody wants to compile for another, unless they are in a team and work on the same project or if they are friends in real life, there are certainly people who would like to do so but few of them, I honestly do not know any of them.

What file should I look for to change the research, culture, espionage icon/button? I thought that changing CIV4ArtDefines_Interface.xml would do the trick but apparently not.

Is there a stand alone mod or a way to extend cultural borders out past where they are on legendary? I know mylon mega mod does this, but its also has a lot of other things in it that I dont want to incorporate into my mod..

Would it be possible to mod gunships so that they are able to carry marines as cargo? Im assuming that there are more changes that have to be made other than in xml/unitinfos, I tried changing

<SpecialCargo>NONE</SpecialCargo>
<DomainCargo>NONE</DomainCargo>
<iCargo>0</iCargo>

for gunships to

<SpecialCargo>SPECIALUNIT_MARINE</SpecialCargo>
<DomainCargo>DOMAIN_LAND</DomainCargo>
<iCargo>10</iCargo>

but it didnt do anything

What file should I look for to change the research, culture, espionage icon/button? I thought that changing CIV4ArtDefines_Interface.xml would do the trick but apparently not.

Two files that come to mind:
Assets\res\Fonts\GameFont.tga
Assets\res\Fonts\GameFont_75.tga

I strongly suggest that you do not edit these by hand. Use Asaf's Game Font Editor.

Is there a stand alone mod or a way to extend cultural borders out past where they are on legendary? I know mylon mega mod does this, but its also has a lot of other things in it that I dont want to incorporate into my mod..

You can insert more culture levels into CIV4CultureLevelInfo.xml.

If you put new levels between existing levels it will add a border expansion for each so that Legendary is just bigger.

If you add levels after Legendary the borders can keep growing right up until somebody wins from having enough cities at Legendary, which is why more than 1 more after it is rather pointless even if the amount of culture needed is not increasing the way it is up to Legendary.

Example: Final Frontier Plus adds "Iconic" between Influential and Legendary.

Would it be possible to mod gunships so that they are able to carry marines as cargo? Im assuming that there are more changes that have to be made other than in xml/unitinfos, I tried changing

<SpecialCargo>NONE</SpecialCargo>
<DomainCargo>NONE</DomainCargo>
<iCargo>0</iCargo>

for gunships to

<SpecialCargo>SPECIALUNIT_MARINE</SpecialCargo>
<DomainCargo>DOMAIN_LAND</DomainCargo>
<iCargo>10</iCargo>

but it didnt do anything

It is possible. But the AI won't use it, so it is not very useful except to make the game easier for a human player. It may be worth doing for a mod you plan to use in multiplayer games.

If you want it to only be marines, you can use that SPECIALUNIT_MARINE but you also need to define that specialunit type in CIV4SpecialUnitInfos.xml (in the XML\Units folder - notice that all the unit AI types it mentioned in this file are sea unit AIs: this is because only the sea unit AIs have any knowledge of transporting other units) and then give it to the marine unit by changing its Special tag from NONE to SPECIALUNIT_MARINE. That is probably all you need to do.

Note that 10 is a lot of marine units. Ship units don't carry that many, so it seems odd that comparatively tiny helicopter units would.

The only mod I know of where the AI will make anything resembling a reasonable use of non-sea transports is the Dune mod - its unit AIs have been tweaked to get it to work.

You can insert more culture levels into CIV4CultureLevelInfo.xml.

If you put new levels between existing levels it will add a border expansion for each so that Legendary is just bigger.

If you add levels after Legendary the borders can keep growing right up until somebody wins from having enough cities at Legendary, which is why more than 1 more after it is rather pointless even if the amount of culture needed is not increasing the way it is up to Legendary.

Example: Final Frontier Plus adds "Iconic" between Influential and Legendary.

Thanks for the help

Is there a way to mod the game so that when a map is generated, there is less of a chance for islands only one plot in thickness to appear (especially on terra). I still want islands, just not tiny ones. I increased the min city range on my mod, so that there is more space for open field battles on continents, but for some reason min city range doesnt apply overseas. I can still build 2 cities on two islands that are only one plot apart. So I thought that since there was no way to change the min city range to affect the entire map the same way, that I could just generate a map with only larger islands instead

Thanks for the help

Is there a way to mod the game so that when a map is generated, there is less of a chance for islands only one plot in thickness to appear (especially on terra). I still want islands, just not tiny ones. I increased the min city range on my mod, so that there is more space for open field battles on continents, but for some reason min city range doesnt apply overseas. I can still build 2 cities on two islands that are only one plot apart. So I thought that since there was no way to change the min city range to affect the entire map the same way, that I could just generate a map with only larger islands instead

I looked in hemispheres.py and saw that there are options for either islands or tiny islands. Would it be possible to add this option to other types of maps such as terra?

Also, would it be possible to add an additional option to islands and tiny islands, such as large islands?

Does anyone know where to change the prereq tech requirements for improvements?

I want to change forts so that they require construction instead of mathematics, and change cottages so that they require masonry instead of pottery.

I looked in xml in the tech infos under mathematics and pottery, and I looked in the improvements infos under forts and cottages but couldnt find anything that would change the prereq techs..

How is the number of population points that gets subtracted when a unit is drafted determined?

Top Bottom