quick question about invisible units

pickle

Lord of the Preserves
I want to sort out the bug where if you have a sub where the AI wants to send a ship they will run it over and start a war.

to do this I am thinking of giving subs hidden nationality, so that them getting run over does not result in a war. but if i do this will the AI relentlessly seek them out to destroy them, even though they are not supposed be able to see them?

Short answer: Yes. And your allies will attack them as well. Furthermore, the AI will spam the Seas with subs.

Odd. I've never had that problem with HN or invisible flags.
Usually the AI will attack any unit I have with HN on, regardless of invisible, but never seen them actually use them beyond a privateer wandering aimlessly about.

Hidden Nationality is what Barbarians are so the Game "sees" this Unit setting as Barbarians and will go after them even if set as invisible...just as the AI goes straight after the Barbarians in undiscovered areas in the game.

I know that, its what makes things interesting when I watch them try to decide which of the four exactly the same HN units I've stuck on their doorstop to attack.
I'm wondering about the 'spam the seas' bit. I've given the AI quite a few HN and invisbile units, but they never build them.

Just try giving them a HN, invisible LAND unit.... You'll get SWAMPED in no time (In the Sengoku conquest, at least HALF the units any given AI had were ninjas, and in my Tweaked Out epic game mod, the AI tended to abuse the HN Mercenary units I added, even when much, much better units, such as tanks, mech inf, etc, came along).

Curious, since several civs do have them, but don't use them.
I'll go back and make sure they have everything they need for the AI to use them, but I'm fairly certain it's available.
I wonder if it's just my computer being irritatingly unique just to annoy me again.

Top Bottom