Quick Questions and Answers

Did you change the default number of civs/city states in the game? Votes for victory are determined by map size not actual players at game start, so if you've dropped the number of people in the game you might not have enough.

I loaded the Huge Earth Map Mod. And I did decrease the number of total civ's and city states in the game. I figured it would know enough to compute whatever majority was needed. Soooooo, I guess my mistake.

Thanks for answering.

Why is it that the craddle of civilization maps are so much bigger than their random counterparts?

I mean, asia is classified as a large map, but its way bigger with way more space than a "regular/random" large map. I noticed the same with the meditteranean.

I love it, dont get me wrong, cause you can expand way more without angrying people, and have a lot of cities in good places. Is there a way to do this with regulr maps? (so without decreasing the numbr of CS/civs?)

Why is it that the craddle of civilization maps are so much bigger than their random counterparts?

I mean, asia is classified as a large map, but its way bigger with way more space than a "regular/random" large map. I noticed the same with the meditteranean.

I love it, dont get me wrong, cause you can expand way more without angrying people, and have a lot of cities in good places. Is there a way to do this with regulr maps? (so without decreasing the numbr of CS/civs?)

You can make your own map scripts with different actual sizes for each size level, or search the creation and customization forums for scripts that are already made to your tastes.

im terribly at modding, customizing unfortunatly. I'l gues ill just put the sea level on low

does winning on scenario difficulties also unlocks the lower difficulties achievements?

im terribly at modding, customizing unfortunatly. I'l gues ill just put the sea level on low

does winning on scenario difficulties also unlocks the lower difficulties achievements?

Depends on the scenario, unfortunately. Some explicitly say e.g. "Immortal difficulty or higher" which is pretty clear. The ones that don't could go either way. I don't remember off hand which are which, sorry.

judging from the achievements themselfs and the achievement saves here, the only scenario that does that is the mongol one. All the others require you to play multiple times...

If you steal some City state land with a great general, does it just lower the resting point?

Also, can you see which wonders have been built around the world at any point?

If you steal some City state land with a great general, does it just lower the resting point?

Also, can you see which wonders have been built around the world at any point?

If you open up the Diplomacy screen(the Globe button...thingie in the upper right) you can see what wonders each player has built along with what policies they have adopted.

If you steal a CS' land with a General it instantly sends them to -60 influence although I don't remember if it gives a resting point penalty or not.

If you open up the Diplomacy screen(the Globe button...thingie in the upper right) you can see what wonders each player has built along with what policies they have adopted.

If you steal a CS' land with a General it instantly sends them to -60 influence although I don't remember if it gives a resting point penalty or not.

Thank you! I just wasn't looking hard enough for the wonders. Or maybe too hard, actually.

Re. the CS thing, it seems like it might be a fairly cost-effective way of getting a luxury resource from a neighbouring city state. I felt like there should be more of a penalty than what I thought it'd be.

In G&K, a GG has the culture bomb effect of a Great Artist in vanilla. If the GG is in a tile adjacent to your culture borders you can "bomb" that tile (to form a citadel tile improvement) and each surrounding tile becomes part of your culture borders. If those surrounding tiles belong to a CS, you've stolen some of their land. (Same works with AI civs, of course.)

The question posed relates to consequences of that action on relations with that CS -- I haven't done this to a CS, so I don't know the answer.

Yes. Just start building something different (farm, mine, fort, whatever) on that tile. If the AI pillages your citadel, you can repair it. If you build something over your own citadel, there is no repair option.

In G&K, a GG has the culture bomb effect of a Great Artist in vanilla. If the GG is in a tile adjacent to your culture borders you can "bomb" that tile (to form a citadel tile improvement) and each surrounding tile becomes part of your culture borders. If those surrounding tiles belong to a CS, you've stolen some of their land. (Same works with AI civs, of course.)

The question posed relates to consequences of that action on relations with that CS -- I haven't done this to a CS, so I don't know the answer.

I tried it the turn after I lost allied-status with Hanoi, it put my rep with them down to nil. No other effect that I can tell.

Hi all. I'm trying to play One City Challenge with Austria on a huge map with 41 city-states. The idea is to puppet everyone I can through diplomatic marriage. The thing is, though, when I pay for the diplomatic marriage, the city-state just destroys itself. Boom. Annihilated. What am I doing wrong? I thought you could puppet city-states on OCC with Austria.

Hi all. I'm trying to play One City Challenge with Austria on a huge map with 41 city-states. The idea is to puppet everyone I can through diplomatic marriage. The thing is, though, when I pay for the diplomatic marriage, the city-state just destroys itself. Boom. Annihilated. What am I doing wrong? I thought you could puppet city-states on OCC with Austria.

If you have OCC checked off, any city you acquire through marriage or conquering will be automatically razed.

Help please. I lost my mods after the last steam upgrade and I have subscribed to them again but they are not loading into my mod file. I can't figure out what happened.

Hello folks

I asked kingchris for avatar if he can make and he made for me 2 avatars but he can not send via pm. so, we will use here if you dont mind.

Thank you.

Peace :)

Hello folks

I asked kingchris for avatar if he can make and he made for me 2 avatars but he can not send via pm. so, we will use here if you dont mind.

Thank you.

Peace :)

Camel Archer

Keshik

Top Bottom