Quick Questions and Answers

Me again :D

What are benefits (and penalties, if there are any) of AI (not CS) being afraid of you? My longtime friend and trade partner just went from friendly to afraid after I built my first nuke.

How exactly do promotions stack? When I have unit with all three Zulu unique promotions and both cover promotions, what will the resulting reduction on ranged damage be?

And finally...is it something in my mods, or is it normal that AI is a backstabbing bastard, not just against me but against each other? Both my games on Prince (still learning) degenerated into spiral of denouncing and short wars because whenever one civ is too vulnerable (like being defeated in war with me), most of the other ones gang up on it like vultures, trying to get a piece.

What are benefits (and penalties, if there are any) of AI (not CS) being afraid of you? My longtime friend and trade partner just went from friendly to afraid after I built my first nuke.

I am hoping someone can provide some details, as I have not been able to identify benefits.

And finally...is it something in my mods, or is it normal that AI is a backstabbing bastard, not just against me but against each other?

Yes. It gets old.

You might want to go check out the leaders flavors spreadsheet

Has anyone ever updated the text after that chart to fill in all the “unknowns”?

Here is more interactive version that I recently stumbled upon: http://civdata.com/

Looking at the charts...I can see that Bismarck+Askia+Elizabeth+Casimir on one continent was really a recipe for constant war. I am playing as Shaka, I wonder if it might play a role too...I wasn't exactly peaceful, taking out Carthage on another continent, then in series of wars Madrid, buring whole rest of Dido's little empire, most of Isabella's cities (left her one crappy city to prevent too huge warmongering penalties for eliminating two AIs), and burning most of wide Shoshone empire (I hate how Pocatello tries to stuff his cities everywhere). Then, eventually, I decided to have a go at Bismarck who was uncomfortably close in tech and pretty much ruling the other continent. Funny though...lately it settled down, AI's been just denouncing each other other, and even started making some friends again.

Those promotions...well, it doesn't exactly add up I think. +96% defense against ranged attacks? Sounds quite OP. But then...I could easily use single unit, with these, Medic II, March and Fountian of Youth promotions to tank a city then take it after artillery did its job.

At the top left of the screen, there is a drop-down menu of various things (by default, it shows the tech you are currently researching). The last item on that menu shows progress for each type of GP, on a city-by-city basis.

If I found a city next to a barb camp and buy tiles or have Shoshone's UA, would it be possible to get the barb camp within my culture borders and farm it?

If I found a city next to a barb camp and buy tiles or have Shoshone's UA, would it be possible to get the barb camp within my culture borders and farm it?

AFAIK barb camp that gets within cultural borders disappears. IIRC that happened to me once when I founded a city right next to a barb camp.

After getting the game yesterday i played my first game with 2 (me and the AI) players on the biggest map.

When i started to expand i came accross nearly all the other factions how can i stop those i though i had it set for 2 people only (me and AI).

Thank's

EDIT
Forget this i missed the slider at the top of the game set up screen for the other factions.

Barbarians units levels increase as the game progresses, What determines this progression...??

At certain turn levels...??
When I reach the Technology for manufacturing those units?
When a Certain number of Civs reach that Technology?

Possibilities,...Anybody know? Thank You.

Barbarians units levels increase as the game progresses, What determines this progression...??

At certain turn levels...??
When I reach the Technology for manufacturing those units?
When a Certain number of Civs reach that Technology?

Possibilities,...Anybody know? Thank You.

Barbs tech level probably increases the same way City states does. (When X% of the majors have a given tech, its granted to minors.)

How does one deal with AI who put cities onto any empty tiles he can see, especially right near my own borders? It causes so much problems especially with lategame war when you have to worry about your own cities.

How does one deal with AI who put cities onto any empty tiles he can see, especially right near my own borders? It causes so much problems especially with lategame war when you have to worry about your own cities.

AI planting a city in the exact tile you wanted isn't a problem, just conquer it and get some building and infrastructure for free.

AI planting a city one or two hexes away from where you wanted is since you'd have to raze it down to plant in the correct tile.
Avoid signing early embassies with those who didn't already get visibility of the area around your capital will help since it's programmed not to send settlers to tiles it hasn't seen.
In addition have an early unit so you can DOW an AI settler forward settling you before he founds and get a free worker.

So like, I built some bombers.
Where did they go? I check the city where they were built? Nothing. Unit list, nothing. Both great war bombers and normal bombers.

I don't have airports but the game doesn't say I need them.

Is there something that will dictate the colour of the planet you settle on? I want to play a game through on a blue planet.

So like, I built some bombers.
Where did they go? I check the city where they were built? Nothing. Unit list, nothing. Both great war bombers and normal bombers.

I don't have airports but the game doesn't say I need them.

On the main map, just above the city banner you will see a small number. That is the number of air units based in that city. If you click that number, a list of air units pops up and you can give orders to those units.

Is there something that will dictate the colour of the planet you settle on? I want to play a game through on a blue planet.

I suspect you meant to post this is the Civ BE forum, not Civ V. Assuming that is the case, there is an Advanced Setup option where you can select fungal (the most "blue").

I suspect you meant to post this is the Civ BE forum, not Civ V. Assuming that is the case, there is an Advanced Setup option where you can select fungal (the most "blue").

Yeah sorry. I was tired when I wrote this, thanks for answering anyway.

AI planting a city in the exact tile you wanted isn't a problem, just conquer it and get some building and infrastructure for free.

AI planting a city one or two hexes away from where you wanted is since you'd have to raze it down to plant in the correct tile.
Avoid signing early embassies with those who didn't already get visibility of the area around your capital will help since it's programmed not to send settlers to tiles it hasn't seen.
In addition have an early unit so you can DOW an AI settler forward settling you before he founds and get a free worker.

I think you misunderstood me. I am talking about the scenario where during mid or lategame, an AI that you're at peace with comes and founds a new city near your borders, where there are maybe 2-3 usable tiles (but he does it anyway) you don't wanna dow him because let's say, you want to deal with other AIs first or you just want to stay friendly. But you don't want that city nearby as well because it will cause problems later when you DoW him since he can move units and strike your capital which is far from your main army.

Top Bottom