Quick Questions and Answers

Where can I download the latest patch of civ 5

Hi guys, quick question about the International Games Project. I was contributing heavily towards it (had about 1500 hammers at 95%), so decided to stop working it a few days before the next world congress since I assumed I had already won it.

World congress rolls round and no mention at all of who won the games, is there a way to check who won it? I haven't received in bonuses. Am I missing something?

I'm asking that where on CFC can I download it Browd

You cannot. For all but the Mac App Store version, the only authorized download site is Steam. Anything else is pirated, and this site has a zero tolerance policy regarding piracy.

Ok thanks for the information. Please post if you know the answer for any of the questions I have posted

Figured somebody smarter would chime in, but it looks like that hasn't happened. So, can't help with all of them, but...

Hi there, I have a few questions -
1.Please explain me all victory conditions as I cannot understand anything in the civilopedia.

Domination - capture all other civ's ORIGINAL capitals, and hold them (even extinct civs)

Science - research a bunch of late-game techs, build a bunch of spaceship parts, and bring those part to your capitol

Culture - this one is complex, and I recommend you look into a guide or read the manual or something. In the late game, produce a bunch of Tourism (through Wonders, Great Works, and stuff like that). Produce enough Tourism to "overcome" all other civ's Culture.

Diplomatic - Vote yourself the World leader. Do this by having tons of City-State allies and also passing various resolutions that increase your number of votes (World Ideology, etc.)

Time = you have highest score when time runs out. (year 2050 or something)

2. Is there a governor in civ 5 like in civ 3

Sorry, haven't played Civ 3 in like 10 years. Don't remember.

3. Is there any science /luxury slider in civ 5 like civ 3

Nope. If you are -Gold per turn, though, you lose science.

4. Are there any optional techs which can be skipped

in general, no. But if you focus on a certain side of the tree - like military stuff, for instance - you can kind of avoid the other side for awhile.

5. What advanced options can be ticked like one city challenge in the game

Sorry, don't know much about the advanced options.

6. Are there any tools or utility for civ 5 like civ assist, map finder etc. If yes please give the link for them.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

sorry. no idea.

Hi guys, quick question about the International Games Project. I was contributing heavily towards it (had about 1500 hammers at 95%), so decided to stop working it a few days before the next world congress since I assumed I had already won it.

World congress rolls round and no mention at all of who won the games, is there a way to check who won it? I haven't received in bonuses. Am I missing something?

Are you sure the Project ever got completed? Its completion has nothing to do with the World's Congress. When it completed, you'll get a pop up window that shows who won what.

Maybe you completed it 95%, and stopped.... and nobody ever completed it.

Can you still build it in your city's production window? If so, you can see its current progress.

Hi there, I have a few questions -
1.Please explain me all victory conditions as I cannot understand anything in the civilopedia.
2. Is there a governor in civ 5 like in civ 3
3. Is there any science /luxury slider in civ 5 like civ 3
4. Are there any optional techs which can be skipped
5. What advanced options can be ticked like one city challenge in the game.
6. Are there any tools or utility for civ 5 like civ assist, map finder etc. If yes please give the link for them.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

1. Science = Make Apollo project and then all ship parts. Culture = Influence other civs through tourism (your cumulated tourism > their cumulated culture). Domination = capture all capitals. Diplomacy = Have enough delegates to elect yourself world leader.
2. no
3. no
4. yes and no. The further you go in the more likely you'll need early eras techs. But every victory doesn't need all techs.
5. too long to enumerate. OCC, raging barbs, no ruins etc
6. No map finder but some mods give some extra help.

I have been playing for a long time now, and there is one area where the AI appears to have a advantage in the early game...BUT, maybe I am wrong?

It knows your Happiness level, and knows the sources that keep your yellow face smiling.

It is no coincidence that it allies the mercantile CS that you are friends with...

Then DoW the moment you become unhappy,....

So, my question is.....Am I overlooking something?,...It doesn't seem fair?

In my most recent game on Deity,...Maria (Portugal) chose Liberty for Social Policy Tree had a three high population cites, and I attacked with extreme force,...Pillaging all resources.

Common sense tells you, she has to have negative happiness (No CS allies, and wasn't assisted by religion, little money, and AI trades were for her resources that I pillaged), yet she continued to produce settlers, and her units appeared to fight undaunted by negative happiness...

So, I thought maybe I am overlooking something, and then thought.....

Why am I struggling, and playing this guessing game to try to get a advantage when the AI clearly knows my Happiness....

So, I will ask again,....Am I overlooking something? Or is this just part of the game,..

The AI knows your Happiness, but you don't get to know hers (Maria)...Deal with it!

_

I was currently building a Public School when the World's Fair Resolution passed. I added it on queue and I noticed that I can't move the school down the queue. So I was wondering now if that would be the case when I'm currently contributing and then I need to suddenly produce a unit.

I mean, is it OK to remove the Fair from the queue? Do I get to retain all production I contributed? I'm almost done researching Military Academy and I want to build the BG in my Alhambra city. If I would not lose the contribution then I'd just Hurry the wonder and then go back to contributing, probably postponing building Cossacks until completion. Already at turn 280 and still haven't attacked anyone yet.

In my most recent game on Deity,...Maria (Portugal) chose Liberty for Social Policy Tree had a three high population cites, and I attacked with extreme force,...Pillaging all resources.

Common sense tells you, she has to have negative happiness (No CS allies, and wasn't assisted by religion, little money, and AI trades were for her resources that I pillaged), yet she continued to produce settlers, and her units appeared to fight undaunted by negative happiness...

On Deity level, the AI has a massive happiness bonus, (in addition to massive growth bonus)

I was currently building a Public School when the World's Fair Resolution passed. I added it on queue and I noticed that I can't move the school down the queue. So I was wondering now if that would be the case when I'm currently contributing and then I need to suddenly produce a unit.

I mean, is it OK to remove the Fair from the queue? Do I get to retain all production I contributed?

Yes, you'd retain production contributed if you removed Worlds Fair the queue entirely. This feature is often used when you've reached the threshold for Silver bonus but think you have no shot at getting the Gold bonus.
Yes, the built in interface sometimes makes it difficult to adjust relative order of World Projects with other buildings. If you now want to build Worlds Fair first and public school as soon as that finishes, I'm afraid the easyist thing to do is to clear the cities entire queue, then choose Worlds Fair as current production, then Public School to the queue, then the rest of the items you had cleared from the queue.

Thanks Acken and counterpoint. As both of you have said about culture victory I can't understand tourism and somewhere I read and in the game also it's written of constructing the utopia project to achieve it so I'm a bit confused about it.

Thanks guys for the answer regarding the world's fair. I tried EUI a few days ago but my PC just slows down, so I disabled it. Good to hear the contributed hammers are retained.

So, my question is.....Am I overlooking something?,...It doesn't seem fair? So, I will ask again,....Am I overlooking something? Or is this just part of the game,.. The AI knows your Happiness, but you don't get to know hers (Maria)...Deal with it!

This is not really a “Quick Question” so please be encouraged to go into this more elsewhere. But, yes, you can make an AI civ unhappy -- and you can see barbs spawn in their territory (spies can help spot them). Yes, pillaging luxes is part of causing that to happen. But with all the happy bonus the Deity AIs get, it is really hard to have much effect until Ideologies.

This is not really a “Quick Question” so please be encouraged to go into this more elsewhere. But, yes, you can make an AI civ unhappy -- and you can see barbs spawn in their territory (spies can help spot them). Yes, pillaging luxes is part of causing that to happen. But with all the happy bonus the Deity AIs get, it is really hard to have much effect until Ideologies.

Actually, it is a "Quick Question", the question is in Bold, the rest was just support for a "Quick" question.

I will ask again,... (More clear if there was some confusion,...Sorry Guys -:) )

In the early game,...

Question:
The AI knows your Happiness level? (Yes/No)
- I personally think the answer is,..Yes

Question:
Is there any way a player can confirm the AI's Happiness Level (Yes/No)
- I personally think the answer is,...No

Question:
Is this just part of the game that is unfair (One of the few areas the AI has a advantage), and I just need to "Deal with it"? (Yes/No)

-

Hey guys I don't use steam so can anyone of you upload a save of one of the mods like avatar the last airbender I would be very grateful.

Top Bottom