Quick Questions and Answers

IIRC (and I may not be - it’s been a while), the only additional victory you can win in Civ V post-victory “just one more turn” time is domination victory.

Right, once anyone wins by another VC, the SS parts cannot be launched.
That really sucks. In Civ IV you could keep going.

If I start another game and disable the diplomatic victory, will the World Congress/UN still happen with the proposals and votes, just without the “World Leader” sessions occurring?

If I start another game and disable the diplomatic victory, will the World Congress/UN still happen with the proposals and votes, just without the “World Leader” sessions occurring?
Yes, WC/UN is as before, including electing host. Also, I am pretty sure the proposals come every 10 turns instead of every 20. That sounds nice, but you run out of “good” options so eventually all you can do is propose bans on luxuries.

Yes, WC/UN is as before, including electing host. Also, I am pretty sure the proposals come every 10 turns instead of every 20. That sounds nice, but you run out of “good” options so eventually all you can do is propose bans on luxuries.
Well I guess that’s pretty realistic since most national and world bodies love to BAN things all the time. Usually by the time I get to the point of the WC/UN, I’m allies with the city states and have enough delegates myself that I can generally use some trading to get what I want passed or failed as I see fit. I always make sure that luxury bans fail.

I have noticed a common pattern throughout most of the longer, larger games I’ve played. I usually play marathon, huge maps, continents, 10-15 civs and minimum of 5 city states. Difficulty levels I play are in the mid range, never very high but always above chieftain. I usually play as Washington because, as it’s well shown in the war academy posts, it’s a big military/expansionist Civ, and I do well with that.

The pattern I’ve noticed in these games is that everyone hates Casimir III of Poland. He’s almost always losing his capital, having a bunch of people declare war, denounce, etc. I’ve played some games where it seems almost everyone is friends with everyone, but Casimir III is almost always on the outside. Anyone know what’s up?

I just experienced an embargo against me in the World Congress, but I am still able to send trade routes to two civilizations. I have never seen this happen before, could it be because they voted nay on that resolution? I remember that 2 civs did indeed vote nay, but I can't remember if it was the same 2 (America and Venice).

EDIT: SOLVED I am obviously blind because it was not me that was embargoed, but my close ally Poland...

Last edited:
I am playing a mode (Alpha Centauri) which does not seem to play well with BNW.

How/where do I configure and setup a G&K game after installing BNW?

EDIT: SOLVED I am obviously blind because it was not me that was embargoed, but my close ally Poland...
LOL, I have confused myself in similar ways! Thanks for coming back to your post!

Hey guys,

i already posted this in the mod-specific thread, but got no answer yet. Maybe there are more people looking in this one so i post it here aswell. The question is related to the interface of the enhanced User Interface Mod (EUI). If this thread is not the right place for this, im sorry. (im new)

Quick question: When you hover over the "leader-heads" on the right side of the screen, where all your good (green) and bad (red) interactions with the specific leader are shown, what does the greyed out lines (ghosted) suppose to mean? Im wondering for so long now, but havent found an answer yet. Does it mean, that this interaction will soon loose their impact between us?

In this specific picture, the information that they are seeking parts of my land, is greyed out (ghosted).

Thanks ahead
Greetings

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    4.1 MB · Views: 245
Hey all.

A very silly, and perhaps OCD question to ask.

I am trying to find out if there is a way in Civ 5 to determine what city a unit was built in. I lost a worker to an enemy then later recaptured one and I want ro know if there is any way to find out if it is the same worker from before.

Thanks all

If I'm starting a game in the industrial era, and the pace is standard (500 turns), will the game progression be slower comparatively (slower tech, building, etc), or will I reach the information era in about half the time it takes compared to if you start from ancient era? In which case the game would reach scientific victory for someone and end at about half the time it would have taken me from ancient.

I hope I made myself clear. Thank you

Hello!

Can you guys tell me how it is possible to attack twice with a keshik?

I just saw that in this video several times and I'm curious how it works:
(At 9:10 for example)

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

Can you guys tell me how it is possible to attack twice with a keshik?

I just saw that in this video several times and I'm curious how it works:
(At 9:10 for example)

Thanks in advance!

Any ranged unit who has the Logistics promotion can fire twice on the same turn.

I am having issues with the mechanics of a great general trying to make a citadel in a rival civ territory without being at war, but with open borders and adjancent terrain from our own civ. Problem is, sometimes the button to make the citadel is there and I can settle the citadel, other times, it is not. Trying to figure this out. Any ideas?

edit: it might have something to do with removing features. That is, you can't settle the citadel if you need to remove a feature like forest. Just tried now to move from a forest tile in a plains tile and the button appeared to make citadel in his terrain without being at war, just with open borders.

Last edited:
Hi guys !
Quick Question:
In Civ 6 it is possible to make a system of cities as districts. Is this also possible in Civ 5 ?
thanks !

Hi guys !
Quick Question:
In Civ 6 it is possible to make a system of cities as districts. Is this also possible in Civ 5 ?
thanks !
Districts are a Civ 6 feature. The developers "unpacked" the cities. In Civ5 (and the earlier games in the franchise, including Beyond Earth), the city tile contains all the buildings and wonders.

The closest approximation is a tactic used in Civ 4 (and I think it may have a parallel in Civ 5) where one can use a certain tile improvement (like a fort) to make a canal across a short isthmus of land, for ships to take a short cut.

Top Bottom