Quick Questions , Quick Answers

They are the max number of units per turn that the commander can buff. e.g If you have the cmdr in a stack attacking a city, and he/she has 5/5 control points, then the first 5 units within the cmdrs control range (I think it starts at 1?) you use to attack will gain the buffs that the cmdr can provide. After that no buffs until next turn. It also therefore is the limit of the amount of XP the cmdr can gain per turn.
This is why I beeline for upgrading this on my cmdrs.

Ah , thanks.
But why have this Commander 8 /11 Control Points with 2 Units at same tile ?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0029.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0029.JPG
    259.5 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
Ah , thanks.
But why have this Commander 8 /11 Control Points with 2 Units at same tile ?
I don't really understand the question. Number of units on the tile doesn't effect the total control points available at the start of the round. That is a fixed number, that only changes via promotions (as far as I know). If you have 8/11 control points it means you used 3 control points this turn, e.g. by doing 3 attacks within the control range of the commander. Although perhaps getting attacked uses a control point as well? I'm not sure about that.

How on earth do you have 487 XP on that commander though? Has he been clearing animals for the last 100000 years?!

Ah, now I understand! Thanks!!
Yes , indeed.
I sent out my 3 starting units to Asia , placed them at 100% Defending Bonus Tiles and get 2 GG and 2 GH in 550 Rounds,
as there are so many animals.
This General has two hunters (which i found in villages ) and a Neandertal warrior with him and marched from Europe to the Pazific and back. :lol:

Why can't I settle on desert tiles? I seem to be able to settle on them when they're next to a source of fresh water (which makes sense), but my settler IS able to settle on equally inhospitable tiles such as "barren" even if there is no fresh water around.

Why can't I settle on desert tiles? I seem to be able to settle on them when they're next to a source of fresh water (which makes sense), but my settler IS able to settle on equally inhospitable tiles such as "barren" even if there is no fresh water around.
Design disagreements between modders. Personally I would have it that you could only build cities where there is a source of fresh water.

Design disagreements between modders. Personally I would have it that you could only build cities where there is a source of fresh water.
I'm not saying I'm of any given opinion on this matter (though I usually like to be able to place cities anywhere then manipulate the land to enable them further afterward) but doesn't this approach negate the value of many buildings, like wells, that GIVE access to fresh water?

can I change the name of the v38 mod in the folder, and keep it around in case I want to go back to an old save game?

can I change the name of the v38 mod in the folder, and keep it around in case I want to go back to an old save game?
You need to fully delete the old folder and put the new one in place and if you want to continue your game, it must be the same name folder. Move the old one out and archive your savegame file somewhere in case you want to revert all that if you wish.

I'm not saying I'm of any given opinion on this matter (though I usually like to be able to place cities anywhere then manipulate the land to enable them further afterward) but doesn't this approach negate the value of many buildings, like wells, that GIVE access to fresh water?
Unfortunately we can't say when you can build a city on some terrain only if you can or can't.

Unfortunately we can't say when you can build a city on some terrain only if you can or can't.
I take it the release of peaks to be built on is a completely dedicated tag for peaks huh?

I take it the release of peaks to be built on is a completely dedicated tag for peaks huh?
As far as I know yes. I think I did mention that it was a good prototype approach but it may be better to come up with a more general one early on in its development. However since I spent my working life mostly on making generic solutions to problems, it is just the way I see things.

As far as I know yes. I think I did mention that it was a good prototype approach but it may be better to come up with a more general one early on in its development. However since I spent my working life mostly on making generic solutions to problems, it is just the way I see things.
I thought that was a vanilla tag. And they usually were non-generic. I'm sure adding a more functional programmable tag based solution wouldn't be all that difficult though since the dedicated method is well defined. Obviously, it's all about 'time'.

But then tech seems like it shouldn't be the only answer. Some kind of access to drinking water would be needed to be provided, which means that it seems like it would be best applied as a consumable volumetric resource at some point. Once the merchant transportation routes thing has been done a bit more, this could be a very cool side of the game.

But then tech seems like it shouldn't be the only answer. Some kind of access to drinking water would be needed to be provided, which means that it seems like it would be best applied as a consumable volumetric resource at some point. Once the merchant transportation routes thing has been done a bit more, this could be a very cool side of the game.
I know not all peaks are snow-capped, but I suggest any that are not also desert/dunes/salt would get rained and/or snowed on regularly, and thus fresh water streams could be assumed.

what requirements to allow some civs to pass my land? Have no option related when I look for possibel trade and diplomatic.
If I understand the question:
Right of Passage and Open Borders (I'm fairly sure) are not available until certain techs. The only way without them is war. With the 'Start As Minors' option, everyone is at war until they get Writing tech which enables basic peace agreements.

One qiuck question, where is Polish civilisation? I used to really enjoy playing them (not only because I'm Polish :)) so what the heck happend to them and why the've been removed?

Top Bottom