Rail roads dont connect to cities

Hunter

Civ Addict
I know this has been brought up before but I can not find the thread so can anyone help?

When I create a set of rail roads in the editor they do not connect to the cities while playing the game. :confused: On map in the editor they can clearly be seen connecting so how do I fix this???

Is it just the graphics, or would your units loose one mp when marching through that city?

Its not just the graphics since they lose that mp. I have tried several things but nothing works. Even rail roads built by workers on that map do not connect. :(

Originally posted by Hunter
Its not just the graphics since they lose that mp. I have tried several things but nothing works. Even rail roads built by workers on that map do not connect. :(

Are these towns that you just conquered and do the roads connect after the resistance ends.

I thought I made this observation, but I am not sure if that is what happened or not. If I notice it again, I will watch closer next time.

I' ve seen this too. They were captured cities. A few turns later they connected automatically.

There's a good savegame that reproduces this bug here. :)

I'm currently experiencing this bug as well. I captured some Egypt cities, and the railroads are not connecting to them. This is true for one city in which resistence has already been quelled and another one, in which I think there still is some resistance.
Was quite a surprise to me when my Infantry had to stop just one tile in front of the next city... To hold it, I had to redirect my third attack formation, which luckily hadn't attacked the third town yet....

I've experienced the same thing. Possibly it happens when the city-conqueror has Steam Power but the conqueree civ does not, and it takes a few turns for the newly acquired city to "digest" the technology?

Originally posted by IglooDude
I've experienced the same thing. Possibly it happens when the city-conqueror has Steam Power but the conqueree civ does not, and it takes a few turns for the newly acquired city to "digest" the technology?

This wouldn't surprise me at all. Would mean that they have to keep track on steam engine knowledge for all cities on the map, though (to keep track on it for civs wouldn't be enough, since some cities are already connected).
Anyway, in the below picture you may see that it doesn't depend on resistance at all.

... the cities were connected.

As you may see, all cities are connected at the same turn. The ones on the right side of the map have been conquered 5 or 6 turns before, the ones to the left 2 turns before.

So, either the engine doesn't check everytime, or we have another random/luck factor in the game.

I just noticed that the unconnected archaic cities got hooked up to the rails on the same turn as the next tech was discovered. I think this is so if you don't have steam power and capture cities of a civ which does have it, you can't use the rails until you get steam power yourself, but the logic appears to be working in reverse.

I have just experienced this bug also - and would like to add corroborating evidence that the update appeared to happen when I discovered a new tech. The conquered cities Civ did not have Steam Engine, the cities would not connect to railroads I laid around them, however, I noticed during the production round immiediately after I discovered a tech that the railroads had connected. Should be fairly simple for programmers to fix this in a patch I imagine (do the 'update' routine each time a city is conquered or whatever)

Top Bottom