Railroads!

joshinda

Chieftain
If you build a railroad over a normal road, do you have to pay 3 gpt or is the road automatically cancelled? I can't seem to work it out!

Also, after the new patch came out, I've been wondering whether railroads are even worth the money? I know they provide a lot of extra movement, but for cities far away from the capital it must be a pain to have to pay so much gpt for a minor production boost.

The fact that they take so long to build doesn't seem to help their case either - do you guys not think they need a slight buff?

Unless they fixed it a few patches ago, you have to pay 3 gpt. I'm not sure. Good question ^^
It's annoying, for sure ...

I build railroads to my first 3-4 cities because they are usually the most productive and, especially for space race, production is very important.
All coastal cities with a harbor get the railroad bonus for free, so keep that in mind.

And another question. Does the capital receive the bonus?

The maintenance is high, but it helps you move your troops quickly and defend your empire with a smaller army.... At least that is how I see it... I always build railroads

It's been months since I play civ 5, it's been months since I last check this forum. Checking if there are any changes or things that make them game system better, mean while I pass this old game, europa Univeralis 2, it's a bless, eventhough it make angry and crushing infront of my pc several time, but still that game was just work of art. And peoples here in civilization forum, still talking about absurd corelation on building railroad and gaining capital benefit, and un-realistic calculation and mathematical measurement toward building infrastructure. Mmm.. I guess after meeting my pc, I will move on to EU 3, byebye civilization :) my nostalgic chilhood game :)

Unless they fixed it a few patches ago, you have to pay 3 gpt.

No, if you build a railroad over a road, you definitely only pay 2 gpt, as you can verify if you count up the tiles. If the count doesn't come out right, it's probably due to another bug introduced by a recent patch that makes you incorrectly pay maintenance for roads underneath cities.

Yep, I just checked, if you build a railroad over a road the tile only costs 2, not 2+1.

(I built five at the same time and "froze" everything else, ie, made sure nobody finished a building or increased population.)

Edit: @puwen - yep, I often end up with a different city than my capitol being the production leader later in the game. <shrug>

Yep, I just checked, if you build a railroad over a road the tile only costs 2, not 2+1.

(I built five at the same time and "froze" everything else, ie, made sure nobody finished a building or increased population.)

Edit: @puwen - yep, I often end up with a different city than my capitol being the production leader later in the game. <shrug>

Argh well time for me to stop setting all the workers in place to dismantle the road and build new railroad in place at same time.

xD this definitely gonna make my life easier.

Top Bottom