Ramesses II - The Egyptian God

ruff_hi

Live 4ever! Or die trying
Ramesses II - The Egyptian God

Some view me as only a child but they will shake in their beds when they see the yellow sails of Egypt coming. Thebes will become the greatest city in the world. Its navies will dominate and our might shall be global. Our name will preceed us and their respect for us will linger when we move on.

<snip from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramesses_II>

Battle against Sherden sea pirates

In his second year, Ramesses II decisively defeated the Shardana or Sherden sea pirates who were wreaking havoc along Egypt's Mediterranean coast by attacking cargo-laden vessels travelling the sea routes to Egypt. The Sherden people probably came from the coast of Ionia or possibly south-west Turkey. Ramesses posted troops and ships at strategic points along the coast and patiently allowed the pirates to attack their prey before skillfully catching them by surprise in a sea battle and capturing them all in a single action. A stele from Tanis speaks of their having come "in their war-ships from the midst of the sea, and none were able to stand before them". There must have been a naval battle somewhere near the mouth of the Nile, as shortly afterwards many Sherden are seen in the Pharaoh's body-guard where they are conspicuous by their horned helmets with a ball projecting from the middle, their round shields and the great Naue II swords with which they are depicted in inscriptions of the Battle of Kadesh. In that sea battle, together with the Shardana, the pharaoh also defeated the Lukka (L'kkw, possibly the later Lycians), and the Šqrsšw (Shekelesh) peoples.

After reigning for 30 years, Ramesses joined a selected group that included only a handful of Egypt's longest-lived kings. By tradition, in the 30th year of his reign Ramesses celebrated a jubilee called the Sed festival, during which the king was ritually transformed into a god. Only halfway through what would be a 66-year reign, Ramesses had already eclipsed all but a few greatest kings in his achievements. He had brought peace, maintained Egyptian borders and built great and numerous monuments across the empire. His country was more prosperous and powerful than it had been in nearly a century. By becoming a god, Ramesses dramatically changed not just his role as ruler of Egypt, but also the role of his firstborn son, Amun-her-khepsef. As the chosen heir and commander and chief of Egyptian armies, his son effectively became ruler in all but name.

/out of character ...

I'm starting an epic length OCC game today with 17 opponents (all AIs :D). Sure, I have cooked the start a little (I really did roll stone and marble on the first attempt). The aim isn't by how far I can win (although winning is nice) it is about my interactions with the AIs. I am not 100% sure which should be my starting tech, build, etc. I'm thinking worker, workboats x 3. I might even squeeze in a second worker :D. For tech, I am thinking Fishing, Mining, Masonary to unlock my Pyramids, then pottery, library to speed up my tech pace and then bronzeworking.

Ram II only became a God after 30 years of reigh so I think I have time to find religion.

I have NEVER had or maybe even seen a start that great, and I've seen some great starts. Great production, instant stone, gold, and seafood. Though, did you roll stating on the stone. Don't think I've also ever had that...I mean being on a resource....

That's an awesome site for a OCC. I concur with Naruto, I've never seen a start this good. Did you worldbuild this?

The stone, marble, gold, wheat and seafood were all there. I added the cows (just love that beef) ... so - yes, a small bit of WBing (as I said in the first post).

you guys are right - I played this game for about 200 turns and I absolutely dominated - thus no conflict, no challenge, no fun. Going to start another game.

Egypt has a special place in my heart. It's so, so, so "Yellowish". Gold, Sand, Mummies, desert rats, rattle snakes, Gods, devils and a hundred sons....

I think we all love Egypt just a little bit.

just a bit of WBuilder on that start.... really, only the cows?? All 3 seafood tight like that?
Anyway, as you quickly realized, it's just no challenge.

Top Bottom