New DLC! Pharaohs of the Nile releases 4th October

Ita Bear

Warlord
Finally!

From the Steam page: In the unforgiving deserts of Africa, the Nile birthed powerful empires that shaped the old world. Lead the people of Egypt through over 400 years of history in Pharaohs of the Nile. Unify the New Kingdom as Ahmose I, rewrite the great Battle of Qadesh as Ramesses the Great, and struggle against the Bronze Age Collapse as The New Kingdom's last great Pharaoh, Ramesses III. Like the Nile itself, empires must rise and fall – will yours stand the test of time?
It brings six new scenarios during Egypt's New Kingdom period, a new civilization Kush, Kush pyramids (a new wonder?) and new unique units.

Moderator Action: Official announcement see here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kush-ite pyramids aren't a wonder, they're a unique improvement available to Kush.

Impressively enough, the forum won't let me write Kush-ite probably as it evidently gets censored due to a four letter sequence within the word (hi @The_J ) - awesome!

Cool! I wondering what new civs might be added. While Kush seemed a good one, I thought it's relative obscurity would keep it out of the game. Great to see I was wrong.

F7DkcWpWYAAcyGc.jpeg

From Twitter.

Are the scenarios popular with players? I would assume so given that they keep being released but I'm a little disappointed with the scenario + new nation DLC. I assume Kush will be interesting and fun to play but I would have liked to something similar the Sacred and Profane. Either way, I know what I'm doing on the 4th!

Are the scenarios popular with players? I would assume so given that they keep being released but I'm a little disappointed with the scenario + new nation DLC. I assume Kush will be interesting and fun to play but I would have liked to something similar the Sacred and Profane. Either way, I know what I'm doing on the 4th!
The scenarios in this DLC are quite deep and full of unique content and features. I would say the campaign itself could qualify as a stand-alone game by itself. The scenarios introduce quite a few unique features, and each one plays very differently from each other, and the base game.

IE: don't dismiss the campaign as just mere "scenarios". :)

The scenarios in this DLC are quite deep and full of unique content and features. I would say the campaign itself could qualify as a stand-alone game by itself. The scenarios introduce quite a few unique features, and each one plays very differently from each other, and the base game.

IE: don't dismiss the campaign as just mere "scenarios". :)
Cool. I tried the scenarios/campaigns in Heroes of the Aegean and didn't particularly care for them but I'll give these a try then.

Last edited:
(I guess different dynasties for every nation is on the to-do list, right?:D)

OK, I'm not very interested in scenarios too, but relieved after hearing Dale's explanation :)
And I agree it's challenging to add new mechanics to a complete design, mentioned in another thread. But keep going, I look forward to what you will bring to us.

Better finish my old games before next week, lol

Looks great! Always exciting when a new civ gets added to the game!

@Dale if I may ask for clarification, I see the dynasties icon for Kush but not for Egypt, however the promotional blurb for the dlc suggests the leaders for Egypt will be playable outside the campaign. Am I correct that Egypt will now also hae multiple starting leaders, making three total factions with multiple leaderhead options?

@Dale if I may ask for clarification, I see the dynasties icon for Kush but not for Egypt, however the promotional blurb for the dlc suggests the leaders for Egypt will be playable outside the campaign. Am I correct that Egypt will now also hae multiple starting leaders, making three total factions with multiple leaderhead options?
Kush will have multiple dynasties, like Greece in Heroes DLC.
Egypt is not getting dynasties in this DLC. However, you will get to play as different leaders in the scenarios, such as Akhenaten and Ramesses II.

Hope that answers. 🙂

oh dang, I was hoping y'all might add in the dynasties like y'all did with Greece shortly after the release of HOA. Regardless, very hyped for Kush! lots of badass history to pull from there!

Uh..... read my words carefully. There may be more meaning in them than first read. :)

Sounds pretty clear to me more dynasties are planned in future DLCs. ;)

Kind regards,
Ita Bear

I would almost venture to guess that the dynasties will be added to the base game a week after the DLC launch, if the past is any indicator…

Reactions: PiR
Kush is getting multiple dynasties immediately and nobody else is getting them in this DLC - there's no unannounced content for the Pharaohs DLC.

The Greek dynasties in HotA arriving a few weeks after the DLC's release was not something that had been planned, it... happened that way.

Top Bottom