RAND 1.76 Balancing and Suggestions

Plus some computer rigs (like mine, haha) can't quite manage that many extras. Had I graphics errors (black terrain, missing skin) when I got AND because it had extras, rather than only when I tried EVERY single added civ and lh from the megapack, I probably would have assumed it was the mod, not the extra content, and given up on it. Same with the 20-mins-to-load issue.

Keeping the optional extras optional downloads means you're not wasting an extra hour of your d/ling time on something you'll only have to go in and disable after all. And the civ megapack is huge.

I read most of this thread and didn't see anything relating to this, apologies if I did in fact miss it. I'm also not sure if this is something that only affects the AI that takes over when you use Autoplay or if it affects all of them.
This something I'm talking about is the Federal civic, it's crippling the AI who doesn't realize that suddenly their massive military garrisons are pissing off their cities through unhappiness, and if you run Revolutions then it leads to massive rebellions. Either remove the unhappiness or tell the AI that under Federal it needs to keep city garrisons to a minimum.

A relatively minor thing...

The RoM_Full_of_Resources map script that's included is out of date, and doesn't work with RoM_AND properly. I replaced it with the Full_of_Resources_3_11 script and it works perfectly.

So if you're tweaking for a minor release update, that could be one ;)

Thanks for the fun mod - after the disappointment of CiV, I find this to be an excellent fix for my fix :D

I'm puzzled by something I noticed that possibly needs fixing.

In the early stages of the game, my worker was allowed to build a farm in a forest which included chopping down the forest first, but he wasn't allowed to just chop down the forest as bronze working hadn't been researched at that stage. So how was the worker still allowed to build the farm?

First of all, hi to everyone. Second, man this mod is awesome and big big salute to Zappara, Afforess and the rest of the team for making it.

However, everytime i played Civ4 there is one thing that maybe can be better made. Its technology trading. But first, let me explain what i mean.
Yesterday i played the game with this mod. I played with Mongolian. In one specific stage of the game, there is three other civs that have 3 technology that i dont have and i have one technology that they don't have. Luckily for me, they all wish to exchange the technology and my technology is most powerful. So what did i do? I simply trade my technology for every mentioned civs and i gained all those three technology with each civ sharing with me one-one technology. Ok, in all three cases i gave more powerful technology than the one that i receive, but those received one and i received three and i jumped from fourth position to first. But this exchanging technology to me looks more that we are at market buying or exchanging some food with another, bargain for the price, than for technology trading. Its way too simple.
Ok there is option that you may disable technology trading, but this option is maybe too radical cause in real world, civs do offer they technology to another civ.

So i suggest something between. What if 2 civilization exchange they technology, but when you received one, you'll still need to research it but with double speed. On one hand, you will have benefits if you have good relationship with other nations, but on the other hand, you will still need to be good at the research. Or maybe, you will choose will you trade whole technology or a part of it. Or maybe, when you exchange technology with other civ, you will gain it, let we say, 10 turns later.
Can you put new option in game menu about it?

So, i am just interested what you think, and also what other member here think about it? And if anyone have suggestion, please tell.

Cheers

Afforess does come by occasionally. Maybe he'll entertain your idea?

I just hope the 1.76 alpha shows up in the coming days/weeks.

JosEPh

Here are my suggestions (hopes) for 1.76:

1.)Bring back the Motorcycle and the Jeep.
Really I think they should be the "Recon" Units of the modern ages, with the ACV ending the Recon-line.

Mostly I notcied it because I tend to use Recon Units as Medics, so unless there's a dedicated medic-unit in the late game there should be Recon/High-Tech Units available that can take over the job.

2.)New(old) Upgrade path for Cavalary (Mounted Units)
I'd like to have back the Option to Upgrade Cavalary to Gunships.
It makes sense historically (although there was a bit of a gap in ww2), and also gaming-wise. With their speed, and ability to get even more speed and the sentryI promotion they are destined for the "fast attack/recon" purpose, which helicopters take over even better.

On the other side I would also leave the ability to upgrade them to early tanks, because for cavalary that is mor geared towards heavy duty you want to upgrade it to a fighting unit as early as possible.

br,
steel

Afforess does come by occasionally. Maybe he'll entertain your idea?

I just hope the 1.76 alpha shows up in the coming days/weeks.

JosEPh

Yeah, thanks for information, but i noticed it that Afforess appear from time to time. But this is not only regarded to him, if there is someone with idea about it, he may tell.

Woah if the great god of CIV4 is back, then I am starting to play too :lol:

The Mountaineering Promotion does not work. Only when Mountains become passable by Tech can you cross over mountains. The Promotion is useless.

JosEPh

In my experience promotions for missile units also dont work. Even if you give experience through world builder you cant give any promotions for missile units..

In my experience promotions for missile units also dont work. Even if you give experience through world builder you cant give any promotions for missile units..

I wasn't aware of any promotions missiles were eligible for...

The Mountaineering Promotion does not work. Only when Mountains become passable by Tech can you cross over mountains. The Promotion is useless.

JosEPh

It's been a long time since I looked at that, but I suppose it's worth another look.

So, I signed in just to post this - hope you will actually consider some of the suggestions:

1) the mod is beyond awsome. I salute you for your hard work.

2) Things I would change if I could:
a) The AI has never attacked me once I was the strongest fraction. So once you are on top you have practically won.
b) the AI tends to be weaker than in BTS vanilla - while in BTS he attacks you with superstacks - in AND he is much too managable
c) I don't know how it happens but a lot of buildings actually REDUCE what they should be increasing. e.g. schools etc.
d) Once you accept them there is no way of every getting rid of vassal states... (not a AND problem but rather civ in general)
e) probably the most important: There should be a HUGE difference between cities having electricity and not. Bonuses of virtually ALL buildings should skyrocket. At the moment you can often just wait until you have the hoover dam or fusion, because it hardly makes a difference. historically that is of course completely wrong. If you change one thing, please change this.
f) Tanks should get a lot weaker attacking cities. especcially 20th century ones.
g) There is a graphics glitch - your unique-graphic units constantly turn vanilla and back.
h) A few random event suggestions:

- If you have the SETI Program:
"Extraterrestrial contact" - your scientists have recieved a signal which is without doubt from an extraterrestrial source
o) Keep it secret. We dont want the public to panic or our rivals to profit from this discovery. Learn what you can. (SETI-Program +10% research, recieve up to 3 free techs, 25% of -10 relationship with all other civs)
o) Let the information slowly go public. Let foreign scientists somewhat participate, but make sure we dominate all related research. (SETI-Program +25% research, all civs recieve up to 5 free techs.)
o) Tell the world and make all information public to scientists worldwide! This is the start of a new era for mankind! (SETI-Program +25% research, +20% research in all civs cities, all civs recieve up to 10 free techs, +5 relationship with other civs, all civs recieve golden age)

- "pandemic" - A unknown disease is killing thousands! (up to -3 population in all cities)

- If you have discovered Mass Media:
"Healthy school foods" - A well known TV chef is campaigning for healthier school food
o) And who will pay for all this?
o) Give him a little funding and implement his ideas on a small scale (Cost: 500$ Schools: +1 health, +1 happiness)
o) Make him the posterboy for a nationwide campaign for healthier school foods and nutrition education! (Cost: 1500$ Schools +5% maintenance, +3 health, +2 happiness)

I would love feedback on these ideas from anyone, as well as suggestions how to implement htem!

couple quick questions
is it real?

will there be a patch from 1.75 to 1.76? or a new download?

umm, the XUPT needs some tweaking, i set it on 5 and the AI doesnt move
(hope its real)
you rock

Re: Mountaineering Promotion.
It's been a long time since I looked at that, but I suppose it's worth another look.

The promotion itself is no longer in the promotions xml file. Is that the problem or is it the boolean flag that is supposed to make it possible that isn't working anymore?

It used to be in it's own module file, Mountains_CIV4PromotionInfos.xml. The boolean flag is bCanMovePeaks and it's in the unit schema file. If it's still active a workaround could be simply to move the promotion information into the actual promotion infos xml file or make a module with the art files. Though I suspect the art files might be in the AND0Pak.fpk file.

(Been playing Mass Effect for awhile, trying to get back into AND when I have a chance but noticed a few things here and there.)

Edit:
Okay, I managed to find sometime to try and get the promotion in there and I got the game to load and show the promotion, but... it didn't work. Grrr....:mad:

Have I said otherwise?

i am very happy to hear it:). the reason i asked is because the original manin mod is dead also i saw this here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=344525
Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn
The Essential RoM Expansion!
NOTICE: NO LONGER UNDER ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT!.
now a question .do you plan to solve the bugs that exist in the original manin mod or this mod already do this

some suggestion not from the previous versions of this mod but from the main mod

1 there are some events like local legend that whenthey happen in your city it gives you gold in the cities tile i thing . the problem is after the a event a message is created on the city model for the rest of the game and i can not see the see very clearly
2 catapult long range fire( the one that hurt troops too and not the city defences) doesnt work
3 from time to time i get some error without the game crashing

Top Bottom