Random crashes after G&K

YohanLeafheart

Warlord
Hey guys, After I installed G&K yesterday Civ from time to time crashes, always when changing turns. It seems completely random, although mostly when it is autosaving. The game starts trashing the hard drive and I need to alt+tab and kill the process. Memory is through the roof, and it is using the processor like crazy. ANyone got any idea how to debug this?

For example, now it crashed on loading. Dido Duel Archipelague map. The game in theory was still normal, as the voice over was playing. The DX11 process is using 810MB of ram and 25% of CPU time ( I have a quad core athlon x64). This is happening a lot. On my other game (Ethiopia Standard size and time) I'm on turn 250 +- and it crashed basically every 8-10 turns

I have the random crashes too. Mostly when I'm in the menu already. Sometimes I'm able to start a game, but then it crashes during the first turn. I am using DX11 too. Never had those problems before G&K.

I am having them as well, during every few turns of my current excellent Ethiopia game. Whose excellentness is being ruined.

I started experiencing the same problems last night at about turn 235+ in my first game since installation. All of a sudden, the game became laggy, choppy, slow. I alt-tabbed out to see if something else started running(damn McAfee automatic update or something). It wasn't McAfee, but Nero(and old CD burning program I don't use that's been on my machine from when it was built). One of the Nero exe programs was taking up huge amounts of memory and cpu usage, which was strange as hell, I didn't start the program). So after shutting it down via task manager, a different Nero related exe started hogging resources. I finally just uninstalled Nero and have yet to play G+K yet to see if that fixes the problem.

I am playing on a duo-core Pentium 3.2, 2 gigs of ram, using Windows XP 32 bit. (I know, I know, but when my machine was built Vista was laggy and XP worked just fine for Civ and WoW, the two main games I played. I never upgraded to Windows 7, figuring I'd just do that when performance dictacted a whole new machine upgrade.) I am wondering if this is a bug related to XP. I have no clue what could cause Nero to suddenly start up and start hogging so many system resources.

I think I nailed one of the causes at least. If I click on an unit during the End of turn, while it is processing the AI, it crashes. I will get a Save file to attach

I've been having this problem as well; at first, I couldn't ascribe it to mods, the pre-G&K patch or G&K, since I got a bunch of mods from the Steam Workshop on the same day as the patch, then didn't play for a week until after G&K came out. But it's definitely hanging in between turns now, even though I've disabled all those mods. Going back to the most recent autosave file doesn't seem to replicate the problem, though I've attached my most recent autosave, about six turns before it crashed on me last night.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0300 AD-1860.Civ5Save
    1.8 MB · Views: 34
Top Bottom