Random Denouces from CIvs i just met

Hakuoh

Warlord
Well i play the Celts on an Continent map.
I started near America and he settled near to my Capital and then declared war on me.
So he failed to take anything and i got a nice peace tready with him and denouced him afterwards. Then he settled een more Citys in my face and this time i declred war on him and whipped 2 citys out and settled my own citys there.
Polynesia who was friends with both of us decided to backstab me and denouced me.
I was friendly with every other Civ on my Continent besides Poland who was Neutral for ever. Then the first Civs hit Astronomics and Maria from Portugal met me. 2 Turns later she turned from Neutral to Hostile and denouced me for no reason.. She dindt had any negativ modifier with me. After exploering the World i met the rest of the Leaders and everyone denouced me after 2 turns.. Even China who hated Spain and we both had denouced ISabella. After that even my Friends on my Continent startet to backstak me and went from Friendly to Hostile.

So i have no idea whats going on.. Non one hates America btw which i dont understand cause he was the one that started the Wars with me.. So iam the bad guy cause he settled in my face even when i told him not to do.

Yep, you're the bad guy, or at least everyone likes America more than they like you. As has been discussed on many threads, once the chain denunciations start, it is very difficult to recover your relations, so you need to get ahead of that process.

And it does make sense in an international relations sense. Why should other civs care about your border disputes with America? All they know is you took and razed two of his cities. ("I told him not to settle near me, so he deserved it" usually falls on deaf ears.) And he's probably worked on his relations with the other civs, while you may have focused, after that war, on building up your empire and army and not prioritizing improving relations with other civs.

But, on the bright side, if you are already universally disliked, you can embrace that role and warmonger without fear that it will get much worse.

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Fall Patch Warmonger Penalty.

You are not seeing this in the right way, you have to understand that war never solves any problems and that all your problems can be solved by better understanding of your neighbor. He wants your territory, man up and give it to him.

Read the forum long enough and you will find hundreds of comments about how balanced your recent experience is...

Top Bottom