[GS] Rate the civs in the hands of the AI - elimination thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amanitore/Nubia [6] (9-3) I think both Nubia and Kongo are way overrated, but I downvoted Mvemba yesterday so let’s have some variety.
John Curtin/Australia [16] (15+1) For reasons I can’t be bothered to repeat, I’d be content with either Curtin or Seondeok winning.
Mvemba a Nzinga/Kongo [19]
Poundmaker/Cree [4]
Seondeok/Korea [19]

Amanitore/Nubia [6] (9-3)
John Curtin/Australia [13] (16-3) This is defnitely contentious. Seems like some people see Curtin running away with games while others see him repeatedly collapse...
Poundmaker/Cree [4]
Seondeok/Korea [20] (19+1) I've rarely seen Seondeok be a pushover

Amanitore/Nubia [3] (6 - 3) Desert starts can really hurt Nubia. Tough call between Cree and Nubia for who should get eliminated next so I'll leave that to the next poster.
John Curtin/Australia [14] (13 + 1) I don't see a huge difference between Korea, Australia and Kongo. My personal order would be Korea, Kongo and Australia, but I can certainly see the argument for Australia coming in second. With that said, I've already upvoted Kongo and Korea earlier in the thread and I like having Australia in the game because of the theme music.

Poundmaker/Cree [4]
Seondeok/Korea [20]

Amanitore/Nubia [3]
John Curtin/Australia [15] (14+1) Kind of hypocritical to attack Curtin for poor tile planning while letting the others skate by IMO. Are we really going to pretend that Amanitore knows how to use her Nubian pyramids or that Poundmaker maximizes his mekewaps in AI hands? Are we going to act like Mvemba doesn't throw neighborhoods down on way too many tiles, or that Seondeok doesn't settle cities where it's literally impossible for her to build her seowons? Meanwhile, even a mismanaged and poorly played Curtin gets bonuses to science, culture, gold, and faith over everyone else. Plus he gets the occasional breathtaking tiles on top of that and the gap is even larger. I guess the people pretending these tiles never happen in AI hands have never seen a single chemamull or seaside resort? The +100% production bonus is a line of defense - who cares if he's not the best at using it if it potentially keeps you from declaring on him? And oh yeah, he also gets a pretty good UI and UU that nobody wants to talk about too. He's the total package.
Poundmaker/Cree [1] (4-3) What if instead of downvoting based purely on who we think is worse between Australia, Kongo, and Korea, we actually downvoted the worst civs left on the list? Crazy idea, I know.
Seondeok/Korea [20]

Amanitore/Nubia [3]
John Curtin/Australia [16] (15+1) Even if he doesn't abuse his abilities like a human would/should, they're just so strong. Even if he only gets DOW'd once or twice, that's still game-changing. One of the ultimate passive skills.
Poundmaker/Cree: Eliminated; You're fantastic, but only one civ will walk away from this, and it won't be you. Apologies.
Seondeok/Korea [20]

Amanitore/Nubia [0] - (3 - 3) and let there be 3
John Curtin/Australia [17] (16+1) I've seen Kongo build spaceports 2 eras early, but Australia is the most consistent AI performer.
Seondeok/Korea [20]

John Curtin/Australia [18]. +1. Again personal experience.
Mvemba a Nzinga/Kongo [16]. -3. Stronger than Korea but downvoted her last time.
Seondeok/Korea [20]

John Curtain/Australia [15]. -3. While I feel Australia is absolutely the best civ in the game or most OP in a players hands, I have never seen them compete in any VC. They may have large armies that they sit on or declare on others and do little with. I can't recall them ever building a spaceport.
Mvemba a Nzinga/Kongo [17]. +1. While I a m not a fan of a civ that can't compete in every VC, they always perform well in my games. Anytime they show up I. My games I know I need to worry about early spaceports and CV is probably not gonna happen.
Seondeok/Korea [20]

John Curtain/Australia [18] (17+1) The most consistent performer of the three through to the end of the game
Mvemba a Nzinga/Kongo [17]
Seondeok/Korea [17] (20-3) Starts off strong, but falters and can be passed scientifically later in game, even by other AI.

Edit: wow, I didn't realize it was this close:crazyeye:

John Curtain/Australia [19](18+1) Far more dangerous in the hands of the AI than Lameduck.
Seondeok/Korea [14](17-3) An absurd science advantage completely wasted on a pitiful AI.

I believe Lupine's downvote of Curtin was only counted as -1 by the next poster instead of -3. Unless I missed a different vote, Australia should be at 17 and not 19 right now.

First, added Lupine's votes, so the correct is:

John Curtain/Australia [17]
Seondeok/Korea [14]

And now

John Curtain/Australia [14] 17-3 Weakest left, because the least consistent. great till t100, than slows and lets other civs to jump ahead. I have also seen many games he did badly
Mvemba a Nzinga/Kongo [18] 17+1 In 95 of 100 games would do great job and he CAN win SV or tourism. Before I learned how to always finish SV before t240, I always felt his breath. Unlike Curtin, he gets stronger and stronger with era progress, when adjecencies are less meaningful for AIs
Seondeok/Korea [14]

John Curtain/Australia [15]. +1 Still overall the strongest. Unlike the others attacking him to stop him only increases his production
Mvemba a Nzinga/Kongo [18]
Seondeok/Korea [11]. -3. Only a science threat and rarely executes

John Curtain/Australia [15]
Mvemba a Nzinga/Kongo 18 + 1 = [19] Strengths the AI can use. Culture generation that can get significant.
Seondeok/Korea 11-3 = [8] In general the AI's science lead doesn't translate directly to the actual science victory. If they would beeline, build, and protect their spaceport projects better, Korea would be hands down the winner.

It's pretty hard to justify a downvote here, they're all so close the distinction is fairly trivial, and I've upvoted all of them multiple times. Hmmm.

John Curtain/Australia [12] (15-3) I guess? The AI can't figure out how to use the best production bonus and you can bait them into war, plus they usually conquer all the city states they could use to really be dominant. They're still really really good though. I reserve the right to change my mind and upvote them next time.
Seondeok/Korea [9] (8+1) I get the feeling this is meaningless because I suspect she'll eat three downvotes either way, but Korea is always to me the only civ that actually comes close to running away with science before I can get spies blowing up their ports consistently. I've never had that problem with Kongo or Australia, both of whom are more generalists.

Kongo>Korea>Australia as i see it.

John Curtain/Australia [9] (12-3)
Mvemba a Nzinga/Kongo [20](19+1)

Seondeok/Korea [9]

Last edited:
John Curtain/Australia [10] 9 + 1 Better than the rest by a country mile.
Mvemba a Nzinga/Kongo [20]
Seondeok/Korea [6] 9 - 6 Most overrated civ award goes to Korea.

John Curtain/Australia [11] 10+1 Australia's bonuses are helpful though the AI doesn't know how to maximize them.
Mvemba a Nzinga/Kongo [20]
Seondeok/Korea [3] (6-3) Korea has the potential for a strong science game, but everything has to come together perfectly for that to happen. If that doesn't happen they're squishy and likely to get mangled by the other AI.

John Curtain/Australia [12] (11+1) Looks like Mvemba has this in the bag, but I’ll continue to resist nonetheless. No Civ has ever defeated me with a tourism victory, so Im judging purely by their potential to kill me or finish space race before me. And Curtin is vastly superior in both categories.
Mvemba a Nzinga/Kongo [17] (20-3)

Seondeok/Korea [3]

edit: fixed for simultaneous posting.

John Curtain/Australia [13] +1. Sticking to him
Seondeok/Korea [0] -3. Kongo does better with science victory in AI hands Eliminated after edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom