RB18: Romanus eunt domus!

pholkhero

Deviant Mind
Centurion : What's this, then? "Romanes eunt domus"? People called Romanes, they go, the house?
Brian : It says, "Romans go home. "
Centurion : No it doesn't ! What's the latin for "Roman"? Come on, come on !
Brian : Er, "Romanus"!
Centurion : Goes like?
Brian : Annus.
Centurion : Vocative plural of "Annus" is?
Brian : Er, er, annus, anni, anno, annum, anno, anni... "Romani"!
Centurion : (Writes "Romani" over Brian's graffiti) "Eunt"? What is "eunt"? Conjugate the verb, "to go" !
Brian : Er, "Ire". Er, "eo", "is", "it", "imus", "itis", "eunt".
Centurion : So, "eunt" is... ?
Brian : Third person plural present indicative, "they go".
Centurion : But, "Romans, go home" is an order. So you must use... ?
(He twists Brian's ear)
Brian : Aaagh ! The imperative !
Centurion : Which is... ?
Brian : Aaaagh ! Er, er, "i" !
Centurion : How many Romans?
Brian : Aaaaagh ! Plural, plural, er, "ite" !
Centurion : (Writes "ite") "Domus"? Nominative? "Go home" is motion towards, isn't it?
Brian : Dative !
(the Centurion holds a sword to his throat)
Brian : Aaagh ! Not the dative, not the dative ! Er, er, accusative, "ad domum" !
Centurion : But "Domus" takes the locative, which is... ?
Brian : Er, "Domum" !
Centurion : (Writes "Domum") Understand? Now, write it out a hundred times.
Brian : Yes sir. Thank you, sir. Hail Caesar, sir.
Centurion : Hail Caesar ! And if it's not done by sunrise, I'll cut your balls off.
- Monty Python's Life of Brian

In honor of Epic4, i created this game.

Leader: Reg of the People's Front of Judea
Difficulty: Noble
Map: Oasis
Size: Standard
Opponents: Caesar and the rest random
Victory: since i'm not sure exactly HOW this game will turn out, given the variants, i'm leaving all enabled so as not to limit our options.

Variants:
* Teamed up with the Raging Barbs.
* We are locked into war with the Romans.
* We can never build settlers. All other PFJ cities must be captured.

* We must found Judaism.
* When Bureacracy is researched, we must revolt to it and stay in it all game.
* We can never research the following techs:

Refrigeration
Medicine
Education
Monarchy
Code of Laws

* We must always haggle in our diplomacy dealings.
* We must never give in to blackmail. NO BLACKMAIL!

Rules of Engagement:
We must keep any Jewish cities we capture and whipe them immediately to size 1 to get rid of the "splitter" sentiment. We must raze any Roman cities. Bloody Romans. Any other cities: discretionary.

Final Roster:
Rex Tyrannus
Mostly_Harmless
Ozbenno
Talamane
Dreylin
Imhotep
Pholkhero

edit: I want to make this an SG with detailed turnlogs, either discussing strategy or telling a funny-ass story (or other similarly interesting idea). Auto-Log is not a report, and, barrig computer mishaps, all logs should include pics for reference. My new rule has been: write for an audience. Remember, Kylearan's lurking, let's make in interesting for him!! ;)

I want to be a woman. I want to have babies. I want to be called Loretta. Question: will barbs as teammates lock us into war with everyone?

Checking in brothers (and sisters, thank you Judith).

Our glorious leader Reg, should embody all that the People's Front of Judea stands for (not those splitters, the Judeans People's Front). Certainly not organised or agressive (I'd come with you but I've got a bad back). Philosophical yes and either Creative (Frederick) or Spiritual (Saladin).

Frederick does seem more Pythonesque in appearance.

No idea what effect the Raging Barbarians team-mates have.

okay...i think we could go with Frederick and still get away w/netting Judaism ~ agreed?

Regarding Freddie + Judaism, he starts with Mining and Hunting, Mining is a prereq for Masonry, so that's good. But the other prereq for Monotheism is Polytheism. We'll need Mysticism for that. Soooooo, to found Judaism in a nearby land, we need to research Myst, Poly, Masonry, Mono. Very doable on this difficulty.

I rather expected the Spanish Inquisition, actually.

It looks like Education removes a rather significant chunk of the tree.

For those of us following the action on BBC-2:
How do you set up a game so that you are teamed with the barbarians?
How do you prevent the barbarians from researching a tech that blows the variant?

VoiceOfUnreason said:
I rather expected the Spanish Inquisition, actually.

Too easy.:mischief:

VoU said:
It looks like Education removes a rather significant chunk of the tree.

It's quite simple really: Haggling! Edit: We're not allowed to research any of those techs, but we can trade for them. Haggling not optional.

VoU said:
For those of us following the action on BBC-2:
How do you set up a game so that you are teamed with the barbarians?

According to the other OCC/barb thread:
Originally Posted by Gyathaar
Another interesting setup is putting yourself in a team with raging barbs.. (it is possible.. you have to make a worldbuilder save, and then edit it in a text editor to set the player to play in team 18)

vou said:
How do you prevent the barbarians from researching a tech that blows the variant?

I think you can direct the barbs' research like you can in any other permanent aliance. Not sure, though.

actually, when you are teamed up with the barbs, you don't start w/any techs i believe (see the earlier barb game)

Voice ~ good point, re: Educ. if we can't research them, our plan was to trade. However, as teh barb's team-mates, i do indeed believe it to be a form of AW and so tech-trading will probably be limited. Perhaps we must research those techs last (i.e., wait until it's teh ONLY tech available to research) OR we could set tasks to 'unlock' those techs, e.g., each roman city destroyed, we unlock a tech? or each civ destroyed, we unlock a tech??

rex....see my above post re: tech trading.

Also, you can not speak to the barb leader to ask them to research or tell them which city to attack.

I'm trying to set-up the game ~ i'm using Frederick...i've got us @ war w/Rome, but i can't change the team to 18 from Worldbuilder ~ any help??

i hate romans just as much as my friend (who stoped playing this game) Thedudewho

Count me in. Sounds like a relief from all the hard-core playing we've done. :)

just to say I am still with you comrades.

I am currently trying to do the following:

<modifier>girlfriend needs attention</modifier>
set value from 1 to 0

Diana Galbadons Highland Saga, 6 volumes, 1000pages each does the job

pholkhero said:
I'm trying to set-up the game ~ i'm using Frederick...i've got us @ war w/Rome, but i can't change the team to 18 from Worldbuilder ~ any help??
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

pholkhero said:

Pholk, it sounds like you need to save the worldbuilder file, then open it up in a text editor and do your edit there. You want me to take a stab at it?

Top Bottom