RBP8 - Culture Conquerors

Well, I did not want to have it build lots of Military units and I did not want to have the cities on Wealth mode (Unless it is alright now)

Ugh. As if things weren't busy enough, I've been extremely sick all day, and will have a backlog of things to get done the next couple days. Cartouche, if you want, take this thing and keep it moving again, and Skyfish feel free to go ahead after him. (Yes, that's a complicated way of asking for a skip. :) )

Sorry again, guys... :(

Preturn: Well we don't need more military for now so I go for wealth and cash rush as much buildings as possible (changed to hospitals where growth was possible), that is almost every single current build. Drop the sales of luxuries to the AI.

Egypt wants to renew peace, sorry but you should not be so pushy. We are at war and now India declares against Egypt.

1455AD 1. Try planting spy in Egypt, no success. Can't plant any other spies cause everyone else is in democracy. oops have to turn down research so we don't go bankrupt. Parishaka starts an army so that one day we can build Pentagon.

1460AD 2. zzz

1465AD 3. Refining->Combustion

1470AD 4. zzz

1475AD 5. zzz

1480AD 6. Parishaka army->army

1485AD 7. Combustion->Mass Production

1490AD 8. zzz

1495AD 9. zzz

1500AD 10. A few upgrades. :)

Parishaka has 8996 culture is currently producing 98 culture per turn.

RBP8 1500AD

Got it, will keep this baby moving for you T-Hawk.... ;)
Get better by the way !

Changing all orders from Wealth to Commercial Docks in our coastal cities, true that there is not a lot left to build
at this point :mischief:
Mass Prod finishes going for Radio in 6, hoping to trade away from Industrial..hum, hum...
Start Pentagon due in 5 in Parishaka, we will then need a UN prebuild there.
Kill some Egyptians, still fishing around.
We complete Pentagon for one more cpt, every little bit counts...We are now at 99cpt...
Parishaka on Palace prebuild ready in 12 turns : please watch out !
Victory expected in around 1860ad

We are hit every turn by pollution, so advance apologies if some workers are still on shift-P.
I have fortified all spare workers in a stack right by Parishaka so you got spares if quickly needed.

We need to get to fission within 8 to 10 turns in order to not lose the UN prebuild, might not be possible though...

Can you get it Charis ? or T-hawk ?

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/RBP8-1550_AD.zip

OK. I'm still feeling a bit woozy - couldn't bring myself to do LotR5 not at peak form, but I can get through 10 turns of this coaster of a game. :)

Ordinarily, I'd meticulously go over all the cities and optimize them at ideal population levels, mining and irrigating as necessary. In an Epic I certainly would. But here, it doesn't really matter, and it would just worsen my headache so I won't bother. :)

==========

1555 AD: Research on Flight is begun. Because Flight will come in 4 turns at 70%, I believe we can get Fission in 4 turns after that at 100%. Parishaka swaps from the Palace to an Army to shed a few shields from the box then back to the Palace, changing its Palace build time from 7 turns to 8 right on the nose. :D

1560: Egypt attacks us on the island - whoops, I hadn't even realized we were at war. Teach me to play when I'm sick. :) Now I see we have an MPP/ROP with India, which must have been CivGeneral's doing and was probably how we got at war. That gets canceled.

Babylon can pay us Silks + 40/turn + Communism for Combustion, which is close to market value. We accept, and start building a few police stations.

I start building some Tanks to have available at home and to airlift to the island -- no wait, I don't: how in the world do we not have any oil?! Oh well, no tanks.

1575: Flight has come in, and we're in the Modern Age. Unfortunately, Fission can't be gotten in fewer than 6 turns at sustainable rate. Computers can be gotten in 5, so let's go for that instead and turn the prebuild into SETI, which along with Research Labs will help us reach more techs sooner.

Parishaka then helps my plan by slowing its own wonder prebuild by polluting. :D

1595 AD: Computers completes this turn. I had to slow Parishaka a bit more by irrigating, it does complete SETI on schedule this turn.

1600 AD: Lots of Research Labs are ordered up. (I know we can get them from The Internet, but this gets us the benefit sooner and lets that wonder be farther down the priority list.) Lots of obsolete military is disbanded in Parishaka to rush the Research Lab there.

Research is at 60% for the moment to get us back to 1000 gold for Wall Street, then it can go up again.

==========

My suggested path would be this: research Fission and Nuclear Power while Parishaka builds the United Nations. Then rush a Nuclear Plant in the city, which will speed up construction of The Internet, the two Genetics wonders, and the Manhattan Project.

(Of course, that's going to happen on CivGeneral's turns; can't wait to see what, erm, unique strategy he comes up with this time. :crazyeye: )

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/rbp8-1600ad.zip

Charis << UP NOW
CivGeneral << On Deck after Charis

Lurker question...

Then rush a Nuclear Plant in the city, which will speed up construction of The Internet, the two Genetics wonders, and the Manhattan Project.

Does a Nuke Plant actually speed things up after you already have Hoover? If so...I never realized that.

Hoover = hydro plant, a 50% increase in production.
Nuke plant = 100% increase in production.

OK, I know we had a holiday weekend, but we haven't heard from Charis for several days (his last post anywhere was May 19th.) CivGeneral, you may claim it... if you don't by Tuesday evening I guess then we'll go on ahead to Cartouche (since I just played.)

Or - Lee, you've been watching, and almost signed up in the beginning... would you like to join in and alleviate our player shortage a bit? If so, go ahead, claim and play :)

Glorious Zulus continue to do very well here. Similar post to rbd7 goes here -- Rather than continue to delaying the game with the worst of both worlds, delay then get skipped, I need to go 'on leave' a bit. That means I'm not dropping out, but won't be able to play for some time and am only checking the forums sporadically - consider me skipped until I state otherwise. A deadline at work is looking too tight and some RL stuff for friends has been another big issue taking me away from here. My apologies for the inconvenience, and I hope things smooth out enough to pop back in at some point. :confused:

Charis

Ive Got it.

In order to speed things up we could easily take 20 turns each after CivGenereal's turn no ?
One more rotation and we're done :)

There's still wonders to be built, and 20 turns would be like a third of the entire Modern Age. It might be worth speeding things up, though, since the win is just a formality by this point - we'll build the UN ourselves, and nobody's going to launch before Parishaka wins by culture. I'll see how it looks after CivGeneral's turn (who knows what shape things might be by then :confused: ) :D

BTW, CivGeneral, you have until Wednesday night to play and report back; and sooner is always allowed too of course :)

I would like to request a skip. I have been hit hard with School work and Final Exams are comming. I have the save, but I have not gotten a chance to play the save. I will get to the next round.

Top Bottom