Re-adding guilds/corporations?

bdmarti

Chieftain
I'd like to re-add the guilds that used to be in FFH 2. I was hoping someone had already done it as a modular mod...because while Orbis and Fall Further are interesting, I don't want all the features they have.

Has anyone already done this work?

If not, can someone tell me what files are needed to make this type of thing happen? Can it be done with just xml? or were sdk changes removed when the guilds were removed.

and if we assume that sdk changes were made that make some of the previous guilds impossible...then I have to ask if it would be possible to put in more standard corporations...and what files I would need to modify to do that?

major bummer.

Does anyone know of a tutorial for how to add a standard corporation then?

What!!! Why would he do that? Also, what fields are you talking about? Is there an reason you couldn't have more BtS-like guilds?

I'm guessing that what Xienwolf meant was that all the FFH-specific guild features (i.e. anything you could do with an FFH guild that you couldn't with a BTS corporation) were removed, along with the guilds themselves from the XML files. It should be possible to add BTS-style guilds, but you would have to code any new features yourself.

Yes, Kael removed the new tags which he designed, so you can easily do the normal BtS guilds, but whatever was special about FfH guilds (and not done in python) would be unavailable (all I can think of right now is discounted unit upgrade costs)

Yes, Kael removed the new tags which he designed, so you can easily do the normal BtS guilds, but whatever was special about FfH guilds (and not done in python) would be unavailable (all I can think of right now is discounted unit upgrade costs)

The other was bonus xp for certain unitcombats (though thats easy to do with python).

Top Bottom