Re-Installing Civ3 Problems

RevnJeff

Chieftain
I was trying to add a unit to my Civ 3 vanilla game. I enlisted the "help" of a friend who was supposedly more computer literate than myself. BIG ERROR. :( By time we quit trying, somehow we corrupted the game itself. So, I put back the original copy of the files. It was still not working.

So, I figured, why not delete the entire game, and reinstall clean from the original disk?

Now, the game opens to the start screen, but there are no buttons to click on to Start a New Game, or Open a Game or a scenario or anything.

What did I do wrong? Why can't I play the game? :confused: It is an original Firaxis CD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

You should not have the game deleted but uninstalled it instead.

Go to the control panel and look for the game, then unistall it. If you have some register clean software, use it after this.

Install the game with your CD.

It may work.

I've got the game back up and running. I had "uninstalled" the game and ran the registry cleaner. I reinstalled and it still wasn't right. So, I did those steps again, but instead, I restarted the computer before installing again. This time it worked right. YEAH :yeah:

Top Bottom