Real Natural Disasters (released)

Really looking forward to this one as I have been looking for something like this since way, way back. Thank you so much for doing it.
A couple of pre-game queries if you don't mind answering, infixo?
1 - With the Meteor strike, are these scalable? By this I mean does the size vary, as it does in reality and are all strikes ground/ocean hits or are their air burst type bolides (ie Tunguska)?
2 - Would an ocean hit also trigger a Tsunami? (and volcanic eruptions (on a suitably large strike)
3 - Again, are the Tornadoes in fitting with the Fujita scale?
4 - Finally the Volcanoes. Do these also fit with the VEI scale? It would be neat if there was a remote chance of a full-blown VEI-8 (should be a very remote chance) and also eruption frequency based on the VEI scale too?
By this I mean that a St Helens VEI-5 would be more common than a Pinatubo or Krakatoa style VEI-6 etc.

Going to have a crack at this one this afternoon.....are there any other Mods this does not work with? I have tried to run it up a couple of times but it keeps dumping me back to the main setup screen so I suspect a conflict.
Again thank you so much for adding this - I have long thought it should be there.

Last edited:
Really liked version 1.1, played with it every time. Now going to try v 2.
But what is the status now? I see that it has gone pretty quiet after June, probably enjoying a long well deserved holiday.
Has there been enough testing done that this version is reliable and can go official?

Here are some screenshots from the blog post on the official website:

It looks like if your wildfire has become a part of the expansion, or?

Quick question, does this work without cqui? I've had some issues with broken buttons and other problems that all seem to be related to this mod and me not using cqui. Would it be possible to have a version that doesn't require cqui, I find that mod kinda annoying to use.

@Infixo Here's an image of what I'm talking about:

There is a broken CQUI button that does nothing when clicked, and the minimap is smaller than normal and moved up off the bottom of the screen. I am using v2 of the mod if that's needed.

Also I found an "earthquake epicenter" resource spawning on the map at the beginning of the game, would that be caused by a custom map script or truly abundant resources?

I see. That button does nothing and does not mean that you require cqui. It’s there in case you would like to use it. That’s how UI in Civs works - there’s only one copy of a window allowed, so to make mods compatible, they must reuse some parts of code.
The minimap should be bigger however...
New resources should not spawn same as normal ones. I’ve tested that many times on standard maps. A custom map script could use a different algorithm or ignore some flags, and cause such result however.

Excellent Mod.

Some suggestion which came up while playing with this mod:
1. What do you think about special tiles for the volcano, which gives you for example special science boost for ‎adjacent campus, or food yields for adjacent tiles (like some natural wonders)

2. Is it possible to add dummy resources for possible earthquake (unstable Tectonic plates or something like that), tornado, wildfire… epicentre which will be revealed by techs or civic. Maybe this could replace the need for the UI addo.

1. What do you think about special tiles for the volcano, which gives you for example special science boost for ‎adjacent campus, or food yields for adjacent tiles (like some natural wonders)
2. Is it possible to add dummy resources for possible earthquake (unstable Tectonic plates or something like that), tornado, wildfire… epicentre which will be revealed by techs or civic. Maybe this could replace the need for the UI addo.
Ad. 1. Game only supports adjacency bonuses from districts, features and resources and a mountain itself. Cannot change mountain into anything else...
Ad. 2. One tile can only have 1 resource, no matter if real or dummy. It would ruin all tiles basically.

Ad. 1. Game only supports adjacency bonuses from districts, features and resources and a mountain itself. Cannot change mountain into anything else...
Ad. 2. One tile can only have 1 resource, no matter if real or dummy. It would ruin all tiles basically.
What about applying things in other layers? I think fallout and roads are applied separately to features/improvements etc. and those are still able to interact with units or have other effects.

What about applying things in other layers? I think fallout and roads are applied separately to features/improvements etc. and those are still able to interact with units or have other effects.
Do you know this or just guessing? Because Lua has no support for this.

Would´t it be a solution to add new tiles, for the volcano, instead of using normal mountains, s.th like TERRAIN_VOLCANO_MOUNTAIN. There are several possibilities to add new modifiers which would work with this tile including adjacency bonuses. Maybe s.th like this as a model https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/sukritacts-civarium.600296/page-5 :D. I don´t know if this is too much work to do to adjust everything, just a suggestion.

Would´t it be a solution to add new tiles, for the volcano, instead of using normal mountains, s.th like TERRAIN_VOLCANO_MOUNTAIN. There are several possibilities to add new modifiers which would work with this tile including adjacency bonuses. Maybe s.th like this as a model https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/sukritacts-civarium.600296/page-5 :D. I don´t know if this is too much work to do to adjust everything, just a suggestion.
I think we'd have to add a different tile for each type of base tile, though right? There's a different mountain tile for grassland, plains, tundra, desert, and snow.

Top Bottom