Real Unit and Terrain Data Compiled from Civilopedia

I was advised by e-mail from a player who has checked, that nuclear plants really do give 150% bonus, but require fresh water, not just any water.

The water part makes sense, I've never heard of a nuc plant that uses salt water.

The 150% part seems strange. Nuclear is a very powerful source of energy, but why give just one of the plants this big bonus and make all the others 50%? Either there should be a real hierarchy, or they should all be the same, IMHO. Not just one that's different.

I think they should also model the polution effect of Nuclear differently. It should generate no extra polution in the polution box, since it is an emission free technology. But, you should have to designate one square in the city radius as the disposal area for the spent fuel. You would just drop a little radiation icon on that square in the city view, like you drop a one citizen on the square and get the food/shields/commerce icons. The thing is, on the square with the radiation icon, you can generate no food, shields or commerce.

Probably never happen, but I think it would be a nice touch.

--LW

Originally posted by LoneWolf5050
Thank you, thank you, one and all. I might add some more stuff to the file, but I'm having too much fun playing the game right now. : )
--LW

LoneWolf,

One oddity I noticed was that the samurai was listed under "Mounted Units". Of course, that doesn't mean I'm not keeping a copy next to my computer as my main Civ3 reference.

Really helpful, man. I appreciate how much work this must have been.

Well, the Samurai is based on the knight, which is mounted. So it goes on that page.

Mech Infantry doesn't have feet, but it goes on the foot page since it's part of the lineage of foot units.

--LW

back to the offsubject-subject...pdf's.

they do not have to cost ya.. for example, try using>
http://www.ghostscript.com/

it requires a two step pdf creation *print to file (postscript) first and then one must open in ghostview, and hit convert to pdf* but works for me really beautifully..

be sure to download BOTH the script AND the viewer... and then happy pdf'n!!

There is a nuclear plant in Sou Cal, near Camp Pendleton, on the coast ., It does not have fresh water unless they dug a well.

The free Acrobat REader will print files.

I have loved Civ from the first version, but with 3, I have the 1.17f patch, and have no idea whats been changed, as I am too busy trying to destroy the Russians. Need help desperatly!! new tech tree would definetly be good.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the continued appreciation. I appreciate it. :)

The only change in 1.17 were the addition of a couple keyboard shortcuts (see the readme for details). There were no changes to unit stats or the tech tree.

The resources can be differentiated if you have a colour printout, since the background colour of the resource picture indicates if its a bonus, luxury or strategic resource.

--LW

Top Bottom