1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Main site is finally re-opened! We migrated it to a new CMS and gave it a new layout as well.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Downloads database has been migrated and re-opened! Check it out and post in Site Feedback if any issue. We have done URL re-write so that old links will continue to work.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A new Civ6 theme forum style is now available and it's made the default forum style! Check it out and comment here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. We have successfully migrated the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo! Please take a look around and report any issue you see in Site Feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommend a AGP video card

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Technical Support' started by Jay H, Nov 15, 2001.

1. Jay H

Jay H Chieftain

Oct 19, 2001
    I may be looking to replace my old AGP 4MB STB Velocity 128 video card with something new that is resonably priced. This means I don't need the latest, top of the line 3D card out there. I'm more interested in a stable video card that's good and priced reasonable. I don't play many FPS games and mostly sim/strategy games such as CivIII (duh!) and SimCity 3000. I'll play the more intensive games on an X-box or PS2 when I get one.

Has a list of some fairly inexpensive cards that aren't the latest and greatest but they look like a good value. I have a new Shuttle AK31a motherboard which supports up to 4X AGP cards so I guess one of those 4X AGP cards are good. I know the problem with the latest Detonator drivers and nVidea chips. Can anybody recommend a great all-around card from that link, I do not need a TV-out, just something that is a good video card for the price which should be OK with civIII and similar games.