Recommend threads to me!

I dont know if you are looking for pitboss or general civ4, but here it is anyway:

Look for the DR Kossin series, look for the SGOTM section of the forum, check out www.fastmoves.wordpress.com for excellent articles at MP. Yes, I am a bit lazy and hurry to post all the links correct.

If you are looking to learn, the best way is to play. We have 1 possible spot in a pitboss we recently started - the player loathes hamachi and the host is having difficulties running the game in other way.

I dont know if you are looking for pitboss or general civ4,
Mostly pitboss or PBEM. Fighting vs. AI tends to 'teach' you some very odd things about warfare, given how the AI tends to not chop woods next to its cities, and how it has no idea how to use fast-movers or catapults.
Look for the DR Kossin series, look for the SGOTM section of the forum,
Vs. AI, isn't it?
Cool, thanks.
If you are looking to learn, the best way is to play.
I'm not confident enough to dance with the big boys yet.

Well, someone have to play the role of punching bag, isnt it?

Just kidding. This pitboss I am talking about is especially suitable for newbies - huge map with 12 or so players on Monarch difficulty - you will have land to grow on before the war becomes necessary. Also, there are not many uber - players as far as I know in this game.

And BTW, pitboss is not all about warfare. Winning in a MP pitboss takes much more than knowing how to fight. Civ is complex game and most, if not all of the important concepts you can find explained in depth in these SGOTM and DR Kossin series. Techs, development, strategies, gambits - these are all more important to me and make me the player I am than fighting well ;)

Hm, something else I forgot. There is the Multy-Team-Demo-Game 2. It is a pitboss game, played by 6 teams of about 10-20 people each team. There are a lot of discussions, strategies, brainstorming, etc, etc... All kind of interesting stuff.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=374

You have to choose which team to join, because there are private sub-forums for each team where all discussions actually happens.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=357033

Maverick and Merlot teams are gone already (well, Merlot are still technically alive, but it is not going to last long - our team Amazon armies are headed for their last two defenseless cities.

Which team is most likely to answer questions and explain things to a (relative) newbie, about Diplomacy, Unit movement, and City placement in multiplayer?
Also, which team has the most skilled players? Not necessarily the strongest team, just the team that can teach me the most.
I can only read/write English, I can tolerate being called a noob without getting upset, I'm not interested in roleplaying, and I don't like heavy-handed moderation.

Which team is most likely to answer questions and explain things to a (relative) newbie, about Diplomacy, Unit movement, and City placement in multiplayer?
I can tell only about our own team, I dont know what kind of discussions have the other teams. If you are looking for diplomacy lessons, I dare to say our team have the best diplomat I know ;) I can tell you a lot about unit movements. City placements are something we can discuss too, despite the era of settling in the MTDG2 is already finished.

Also, which team has the most skilled players? Not necessarily the strongest team, just the team that can teach me the most.
Few of the most seasoned players are no longer participating in the game for different reasons. The teams are down to 3-4-5 active players and 3-4-5 lurkers at the moment. Long story short, I think the most active teams at the moment are Sirius and Amazon.

The general tone in CFC is quite polite.

Top Bottom