Recruiting for CIV Role Playing Game

Saga

Chieftain
This sub forum of story tellers looked like the best place to post this.

What I am looking for is 8-12 players to partake in a unique type of BTS game.

I don't want to go into detail right now, but I will give a brief summary of what the game will entail...

• Pitboss format
  • Roleplay your civ by posting stories to a dedicated thread
  • Conduct public diplomacy with other civs by posting messages in a dedicated thread
  • Conduct private diplomacy with other leaders via private messaging
  • Game "winners" determined by a combanation of ingame score, diplomacy, and story quality

If anyone is interested in this type of a Beyond the Sword game, please post here.

I got a question.
What is pitboss?

Pitboss is a multiplayer format in which one person hosts the game, and players log in at their leasure and play their turn once every 24 hours.

It is a good format for this style game because it gives players ample time to formulate stories, plots, diplomacy, etc...

Did you try to post that in the pitboss sub-forum or in the "forum games" sub-forum (lot of roleplaying games there)? You might get more replies... :)

Ras

So you would have to play your turn once a day? so a 500 turn game would take nearly 2 years? i think thats a bit of a commitment for most people...

Did you try to post that in the pitboss sub-forum or in the "forum games" sub-forum (lot of roleplaying games there)? You might get more replies...

Can you give me a link? Can't seem to find those particular forums.

this is the forum games sub forum I was talking about. I saw you posted in the pitboss forum already :). Imo, maybe you have too much expectations on the "writing stories" things... that may be too much work for most of us civfanatics... though I hope I am wrong and u find enough players :)
Though, in any cases, I advice you to subscribe to the next multi team democracy game (MTDG) which is a pitboss where each civ is lead by a team of players. Each civ has a sub forum, with diplomats, people doing strategies for the civ, people playing the turn, and others reporting... it's a lot of fun and the closest thing to your idea on the forum. Here is the last game forum, a new one will start soon I think (see the annoucement to look for interest).

Cheers,
Raskolnikov

Top Bottom