Red Dwarf Mafia: The Smeggening [Game Thread - Concluded]

I too think this post by Sprig is trying a little too hard to be town.
Backwards Logic meet Murska, Murska meet Backwards logic. Everyone else, pray they are not wolves together!
Enough for a vote? Dunno, I'd love something more solid to go on.

Space you're here right now. Any scumreads to discuss?

To be honest, not really, at least not yet. I don't see what the case is on Kennigit, and that seems to be the center of a lot of discussion right now.

There are certainly people I'd like to hear more from, notably Winston Hughes, who was brought up a couple of times yesterday, but made no substantive posts.

Also Cuthillius: Your bringing up a case on Kennigit, which I don't really understand. There was also a lynch-Kennigit movement yesterday. Can you explain your thoughts on that, and can you elaborate on why you find today's content convincing?

Also in the "people I'd like to hear more from" file: BSmith, who made one random-vote, and one Moderator Post so far in game. What are your thoughts on what's going on?

Honestly I don’t have a lot of thoughts about the game yet. This is the beginning of D2 and aside from the D1 shenanigans there is still very little to go on. I have yet to know the impact of my action last night (didn’t get a PM, so I assume I don’t get confirmation) and I haven’t really had the time to send a PM to the person I performed the action on to get a reaction.

And before you (or anyone) asks, no I will not go into more detail on my ability.

Also the noise to signal ratio has been fairly high so far, and I have had far too little RL time or energy to really focus on any of the games I am in. :(

You do get 1 PM per whatever so you should use it wisely.

E.g., I will pm my ability if you pm me yours bsmith

Yeah. I am assuming that was an example. I already know who I want to send my 1 PM to. I just haven't had the time to do so.

He provided supporting evidence/reasoning that the OP mentions multiple factions and that there's a lot of people for just one group of bad guys. Your assertion that he provided no logic or reasoning is incorrect. Even if it was, how does that make him scum? I don't follow the train of thought. Do scum not use logic and reasoning?

I am not saying I am sure he is scum. I am just saying that so far, all he has done was provided information to someone else. This is fine. But that is all he has done. I am voting for him because I am rather suspicious of people who go around being helpful without actually helping. Examples:providing 'activity counts' of who has posted how many times, or vote counts, or piling on bandwagons for not much reason.

Right now I am trying to hear either something productive and helpful from Kennigit, or on the off chance that he slips up and says something wrong taking advantage of the game. If he provides that, I can act accordingly, whether switching over or staying on and poking over. The day is yet young.

Also Cuthillius: Your bringing up a case on Kennigit, which I don't really understand. There was also a lynch-Kennigit movement yesterday. Can you explain your thoughts on that, and can you elaborate on why you find today's content convincing?
There was. Majiffy was being... provoking. While I definitely do not agree with him on a number of concepts, he did point out that yesterday Ken was 'town leading'. Looking back at this, it does not really cause too much suspicion, because it is mostly summing up how everyone was feeling. I would not want to lynch Ken just because of yesterday. And I am not sure I want to lynch him today, but right now he looks to be sneaking under the radar and making posts that provide little useful content as far as scumlynching go.
You do get 1 PM per whatever so you should use it wisely.

E.g., I will pm my ability if you pm me yours bsmith
Again, providing information. Kennigit, tell us about what you think about the day, if you have any suspicions or thoughts. Are you prepared to help town lynch scum? That is what the game comes down to.

Well a lot of people didn't vote Majiffy. Notably that list included PouterPenguin in the middle of Majiffy's posts, Legato and Cuthillius's and JHT's switches shortly before your vote. Two of those people are now known to be town, so why is Jarrema scum?

Jarrema voted for Snerk when he was already voting for Snerk. He wasn't just calling for us to not lynch Majiffy, he was creating false momentum for the counterwagon.

It is kind of wonderful that we have so many new players and perspectives. I think it is terrific, really. I would expect more information to be forthcoming as we get further into this, but it would be thrilling if Kennigit was scum and we lynched him today.

It is kind of wonderful that we have so many new players and perspectives. I think it is terrific, really. I would expect more information to be forthcoming as we get further into this, but it would be thrilling if Kennigit was scum and we lynched him today.

BSmith pings my scumdar. That last sentence is far too long for its content. Sounds like trying to be townie.

My $$$ on bsmith not pming anyone

My other ping would be pouter pidgeon for being first to break majiffy chain. He however did vote bsmith, so that tie is kind of weak if they could be teammates (distancing day 1 is easy)

From my role I am willing to bet a solid cohort of wolves, like one team with 4. I would be very surprised if the wolf teams were symmetrical (eg 3 scum and 3 scum, but identical)

My $$$ on bsmith not pming anyone

My other ping would be pouter pidgeon for being first to break majiffy chain. He however did vote bsmith, so that tie is kind of weak if they could be teammates (distancing day 1 is easy)

From my role I am willing to bet a solid cohort of wolves, like one team with 4. I would be very surprised if the wolf teams were symmetrical (eg 3 scum and 3 scum, but identical)
How do you know this from your role?

I stand by my vote from yesterday; I think Kennigit's play so far has been anti-information, and active but not super helpful, plus he's appealed to statistics (i.e. "You are statistically as likely as anyone else to be scum") which is usually a red flag for me.

I've also got a vague suspicion on Cuthillis, but I can't put my finger on it; This post:
Right now I'm saying that you're hurting town. You're producing reactions, but they're more of "please stop" than um panic I'm a wolf. The way I'm used to playing, reactions can be gained by bandwagoning someone, analyzing their reaction, and switching. We are doing this right now, to you.

TL;DR: Provoking unuseful reactions is not productivity.
is the one that felt weird to me but I can't figure out why.

Snerk reads as town to me.

BSmith could very well be a wolf...I wish I knew a little bit more about his playstyle. Are the regulars here getting anything from him or am I just being paranoid?

I think that's all I've got for know....I want to look at the player list and see who's been slipping under my radar.

To clarify, it's not just that post by Cuthilis in isolation that gives me weird vibes, but that one is the closest I could get to a specific example of a post that pinged my radar.

Also, i's not a problem if I edit just to fix that color tag is it?

(Not being able to edit posts is really messing with me)

At this point it would show up as an edit, so I'd simply put the actual vote in a separate post to be safe.

Top Bottom