Regarding highscore

PEACE!

Lord.Moldovian.Guy
Hello all, after a whole year i've decided to play civ V again, i purchased Brave New World and now im in!

My question : Currenly i have the highest score in the game, egypt, the second is about 200 points behind me and its out winning me in tech quite a bit.

Will i win if i have the biggest score in the game after the game ends?

Only if you get to 2050 without anyone having one one of the four other victories.

Hello all, after a whole year i've decided to play civ V again, i purchased Brave New World and now im in!

My question : Currenly i have the highest score in the game, egypt, the second is about 200 points behind me and its out winning me in tech quite a bit.

Will i win if i have the biggest score in the game after the game ends?

If you don't do something about the fact the runner up is out teching you "quite a bit", probably not :)

Winning by Time (score) has become the hardest way to win. Eventually if you can't win by one of the other conditions (Science, Culture, Domination, Diplomacy) you will have to take out or at least cripple every AI that is well on its way to win by one of them, then survive with the highest score until 2050.

Well, right now ramses isnt giving signs of completing the space race, nor cultural

there are about 100 turns left

What difficulty are you on? 100 turns is plenty of time for him to take a science victory, if he's at or near the right techs already.

level 4 difficulty, normal

Edit : At this point i conquered 2 decent sized cities from ramses, would this slow down his beakers and ultimatly the path to a space victory?

level 4 difficulty, normal

Edit : At this point i conquered 2 decent sized cities from ramses, would this slow down his beakers and ultimatly the path to a space victory?

Losing two cities will slow him down, but how much depends which cities you took and how many he had. If you didn't take cities with an observatory or RL or academies, nor the city with his National College (that typically might produce most of his science) two cities might not be quite enough if it's 2 out of 12 cities, but it might well be enough to hugely set him back if it's 2 out of 4 cities.

But has he built the Apollo Program already? As he started to build SS boosters since? If he only built the AP and overlooked building spaceship parts after yet he's quite ahead in tech, he may be going for Culture and heading for the Internet and NVC instead. If it looks like he might win by Culture or Time and you can't meet any other conditions than Time yourself, send your spies to his capital and biggest cities, spot the one(s) in which he has his Wonders and go after that city/those cities. That should be enough to cripple him and get you ahead of him in score.

I believe he has about 5 to 6 cities, i cant tell for sure because i havent explored his territory

In the victory progress panel, it shows nothing about him completing the Apollo program, nor any parts to complete it, but he's about 7 techs ahead of me

Is it worth a shot of trying a time victory?

My ego is telling me it wouldnt like to see a defeat in the hall of fame panel :p

If you were able to take 2 of his cities, why not push forward for at least two more? I'm not sure how much he is able to accomplish in 100 turns on this difficulty and how advanced he is (you could check that in demography screen, from his literacy % if he's the tech leader), but AI can be quite capable in late game. I would certainly try to cripple him even further.

I believe he has about 5 to 6 cities, i cant tell for sure because i havent explored his territory

In the victory progress panel, it shows nothing about him completing the Apollo program, nor any parts to complete it, but he's about 7 techs ahead of me

Is it worth a shot of trying a time victory?

My ego is telling me it wouldnt like to see a defeat in the hall of fame panel :p

If he offers peace (or you are already at peace with him), click on cities in the diplomacy option with him and check how many cities he has. It will have a list of all his city names, except his capital. So if you see 4 city names, he has 5 cities left. No need to explore his territory to find out.

Just a little update

I have managed to conquer egypt's capital, i won a conquest victory afterall :D

Thank you all for your help!

Top Bottom