Regional Bonsuses post Winter Update

Smith of Lie

Chieftain
I returned to Civ after bit of hiatus and read patch notes for the 2016 winter update. One particular change (or two, depending how you look at it) baffles me in regards to details.

• Cities can no longer receive yields from more than one regional building per type; they take the highest (ex. production from multiple Factories)
  • Cities can no longer receive amenities from more than one regional building per type; they take the highest (ex. amenities from multiple Stadiums)
What I am unsure is this: if I have two cities close to each other, A and B. Both with Industrial Zone with Factory. Does each of them only gain bonus from their own Factory, since it counts as a regional building despite being owned by that city? Or do they gain bonus for owning a regional building and from a neighbour regional building, but wouldn't gain bonus from factory in nearby city C?

Sorry if that was explained elsewhere, I did a quick search but couldn't find a satisfactory answer.

built super cedes regional even if the regional bonus is better (ie a buffed factory vs a home built factory).

built super cedes regional even if the regional bonus is better (ie a buffed factory vs a home built factory).
Ah. That changes a lot. Now actually forgoing an Industrial Zones in some cities might make sense.

Not sure about the built vs regional...but I can say that if you have Industrial Zone in two cities with Workshops in both and a Factory in only one of them, the 2nd city will receive the Factory bonus.

Yes that is correct but workshops aren't regional, they are only local. The factory and the power plant affect other cities within their area of effect as long as that city doesn't have its own factory/power plant.

since the change i build a lot fewer industrial zones...

Yes that is correct but workshops aren't regional, they are only local. The factory and the power plant affect other cities within their area of effect as long as that city doesn't have its own factory/power plant.

since the change i build a lot fewer industrial zones...

I think that it might sometimes be worth it to build an Industrial Zone with only a Workshop, if a city is in a range of a factory, as long as there is a spot with good adjacency bonuses or if it has enourmous growth potential. But with your disambiguation I am now of an opinion that it is more profittable to have a single city powering up its neighbours and use the distict slot for something like Theather Square or Entertainment District in a city where an Industrial Zone would make more sense before an update.

It is bit harsh for late game districts now though, since production leviathans with 3-4 (or more) Industrial Zones woth of regional bonuses are no more. Interesting.

If you want to join in the fray, a currently discussed topic is the worth of an Encampment vs. an IZ. There's a bit of discussion in this thread, and I'm sure there are more out there. Feel free to discuss, experiment and take your own conclusions.

Top Bottom