RELEASED: UEM 4.1 - ULTIMATE EARTH MAP

Pit2015

Emperor
RELEASED: UEM 4.1 - ULTIMATE EARTH MAP:
Check out my map mod Ultimate Earth Map 4.1 for Caveman2Cosmos mod for Civ IV: Beyond the Sword for the hardest and deepest strategy game you ever gamed! Largest and most detailed worldmap out there for CIV IV + Caveman2Cosmos mod, better and far more developed than Civ 5 or Civ 6: *Sid Meier is secretly gaming this.* :goodjob:

:)https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-and-svn-update-compatible-by-pit2015.552901/

Are there any significant map-related changes between 4.0 and 4.1?
Money isn't significant for my playing style, by the way - so anything else?

Are there any significant map-related changes between 4.0 and 4.1?
Money isn't significant for my playing style, by the way - so anything else?

If you have a running game on 4.0 you dont need to start new, only this small fix to make a more fair start for all civs in 4.1, if you want to start a new game use 4.1, also makes the early game a bit faster progessing in the first turns.

My clubmen are getting attacked by deers. Is this normal? Deers are supposed to be neutral/passive animals, unlike bears.

My clubmen are getting attacked by deers. Is this normal? Deers are supposed to be neutral/passive animals, unlike bears.

You may have enabled the option that's named something like 'dangerous wildlife' by mistake, which removes animal attacking restrictions?

You may have enabled the option that's named something like 'dangerous wildlife' by mistake, which removes animal attacking restrictions?
Dangerous Wildlife only allows spawning all animals in players borders and improvements.

This could be Reckless Animals.
Scenarios have preset settings - these can be annoying.

Yep, Reckless Animals is enabled in this scenario by default.

Code:
    Option=GAMEOPTION_COMPLETE_KILLS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_VASSAL_STATES
    Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_BARBARIAN_CIV
    Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_TECH_DIFFUSION
    Option=GAMEOPTION_MOUNTAINS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_ADVANCED_DIPLOMACY
    Option=GAMEOPTION_UNLIMITED_WONDERS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_BARBARIAN_GENERALS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_ASSIMILATION
    Option=GAMEOPTION_GREAT_COMMANDERS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_REALISTIC_CULTURE_SPREAD
    Option=GAMEOPTION_LARGER_CITIES
    Option=GAMEOPTION_UNITED_NATIONS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_ADVANCED_ESPIONAGE
    Option=GAMEOPTION_ADVANCED_NUKES
    Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_CITY_LIMITS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_FIGHT_OR_FLIGHT
    Option=GAMEOPTION_MORE_XP_TO_LEVEL
    Option=GAMEOPTION_ECOLOGICAL_ANIMALS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_TELEPORT_HUNTING_AWARDS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_PEACE_AMONG_NPCS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_ANIMALS_STAY_OUT
    Option=GAMEOPTION_RECKLESS_ANIMALS <----------------------------------------------
    Option=GAMEOPTION_REALISTIC_SIEGE
    Option=GAMEOPTION_DOWNSIZING_IS_PROFITABLE

Dangerous Wildlife only allows spawning all animals in players borders and improvements.

This could be Reckless Animals.
Scenarios have preset settings - these can be annoying.

Yep, Reckless Animals is enabled in this scenario by default.

Code:
    Option=GAMEOPTION_COMPLETE_KILLS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_VASSAL_STATES
    Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_BARBARIAN_CIV
    Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_TECH_DIFFUSION
    Option=GAMEOPTION_MOUNTAINS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_ADVANCED_DIPLOMACY
    Option=GAMEOPTION_UNLIMITED_WONDERS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_BARBARIAN_GENERALS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_ASSIMILATION
    Option=GAMEOPTION_GREAT_COMMANDERS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_REALISTIC_CULTURE_SPREAD
    Option=GAMEOPTION_LARGER_CITIES
    Option=GAMEOPTION_UNITED_NATIONS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_ADVANCED_ESPIONAGE
    Option=GAMEOPTION_ADVANCED_NUKES
    Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_CITY_LIMITS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_FIGHT_OR_FLIGHT
    Option=GAMEOPTION_MORE_XP_TO_LEVEL
    Option=GAMEOPTION_ECOLOGICAL_ANIMALS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_TELEPORT_HUNTING_AWARDS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_PEACE_AMONG_NPCS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_ANIMALS_STAY_OUT
    Option=GAMEOPTION_RECKLESS_ANIMALS <----------------------------------------------
    Option=GAMEOPTION_REALISTIC_SIEGE
    Option=GAMEOPTION_DOWNSIZING_IS_PROFITABLE
How about simply wiping out ALL presets in ALL scenarios that are not meant to be played only as is "story-wise"?
I don't see why this wouldn't be possible, lol.

How about simply wiping out ALL presets in ALL scenarios that are not meant to be played only as is "story-wise"?
I don't see why this wouldn't be possible, lol.
Those can be removed making all options unselected.
But some options are off, if they are selected for example No Tech Diffusion or No Revolutions.

You can turn off or on this option or any other option in worldbuilder after you start a new game in UEM scenario, go into worldbuilder turn it off and leave worldbuilder, but makes the scenario more harder and more interesting, its dangerous and not easy to go to hunt, its recommended to keep it in and keep all option in as the scenario is set to have a hard game and good scenario an. Should be gamed on deity + eternity for a real challenge. Also on reckless animals not every animal will attack you.

Also turn of damaging terrain in BUG on new games.

Last edited:
You can turn off or on this option or any other option in worldbuilder after you start a new game in UEM scenario, go into worldbuilder turn it off and leave worldbuilder, but makes the scenario more harder and more interesting, its dangerous and not easy to go to hunt, its recommended to keep it in and keep all option in as the scenario is set to have a hard game and good scenario an. Should be gamed on deity + eternity for a real challenge. Also on reckless animals not every animal will attack you.

Also turn of damaging terrain in BUG on new games.
Play on Nightmare handicap - I made it real handicap now, I left Deity override here for backward compatibility.

Also on reckless animals not every animal will attack you.
Not every animal CAN attack, so even on reckless animals might not be capable of it.

Is there a reason to turn off this option? I like to play with it, makes desert/tundra exploration a challenge.

You can choose by your self but opens up a large tundra area to explore and is dangerous there. Also i dont know if the AI can handle terrain damage good, they will loos more units when they go to hunting making them less strong. As raxo said, AI cant handle terrain damage good.

Not every animal CAN attack, so even on reckless animals might not be capable of it.

Also animals will sometimes only attack you if they see a chance to damage you. Some are also peacefull and will never attack on reckless.

I guess you have never hunted deer in real life. Deer can be quite aggressive in the right situation. They are Not Bambi's. :rolleyes::lol:

I guess you have never hunted deer in real life. Deer can be quite aggressive in the right situation. They are Not Bambi's. :rolleyes::lol:
Those monkeys are what scares me, I lose more units to monkeys than any other animal. I see a monkey in the path of one my units, I have my unit flee.

Edit: Sorry wrong thread, I thought this was a different thread.

Last edited:
Those monkeys are what scares me, I lose more units to monkeys than any other animal. I see a monkey in the path of one my units, I have my unit flee.

Edit: Sorry wrong thread, I thought this was a different thread.
Chimps and Gorillas take a better unit to deal with than a Wanderer or Chaser. And a Tracker needs a health and woodsman promo besides the subdue animal promo as well in the early game.

Chimps and Gorillas take a better unit to deal with than a Wanderer or Chaser. And a Tracker needs a health and woodsman promo besides the subdue animal promo as well in the early game.
Actually when I say monkey I mean Barbary Macque. Some reason it feels like they have a vendetta against me.

Top Bottom